cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Bt start new contract without consent

Has anyone else had experience of bt starting new contract without consent and not keeping to there word regarding deals made for ammended contract details and not honouring compensation claims and still charging for termination of a contract that I never consented to resulting in hours of phone calls to various bt staff to be told it happens all the time and best to call your bank and raise an indemnity claim against bt to reverse transaction 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bt start new contract without consent

Hi @Milky1,

There seems to be a fair bit going on here, can you explain in a little more detail? 

Are you saying that BT re-contracted your services at a different price than the one you agreed? 

Did you cancel any of your services while re-contracting which would have caused termination charges to be raise? 

SP

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi Spider pig, started off in February with bt sending out a smart hub 2 and increasing monthly payments to £72 without any consent or confirmation from me. I started a new contract with sky as was paying over £50 a month with bt anyway and called bt on 7th April to sort it out and cancel contract that I hadn't started, after speaking to her manager the lady on phone confirmed that contract shouldn't have been started and offered to amend contract to £24 a month and offered £40 compensation which I agreed to and was told that was that all sorted.I mistakenly thought that bt would cancel sky broadband but seeing my contract was changed and not a new deal it was my responsibility to cancel with sky which I didn't and it went live on 23rd April so I called bt again and another lady started a new contract for me promising same deal as before, £24 a month and again confirming old contract had ended and not to worry about email I had saying I owed bt £432 for ending contract, the contract I never started, despite this I had to call again and again as bt did take the £432 out my bank and after calling bt yet again was told just call back and raise an indemnity claim against bt to reverse transaction which I did. And inspite of all this my new contract which was supposed to start on Tuesday is still not working after hours on phone to bt and having two openreach engineers out now been told another engineer been booked at exchange for Monday 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Milky1,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear about all the problems you have had with your service. It's best if we take a look into this one for you as without looking at the account we would only be guessing what has happened. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

• Hi Matt, I'll send over some details just now thank you 
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Thank you @Milky1, we are really busy at the moment so may take us a little longer than 3 working days to pick up this case but one of the Mods will follow up with you as soon as we get to it 🙂

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Yes, we recently experienced this issue where in BT upgraded our contract and put us in a contract for two years without our consent. Isn't this illegal ? What do you think we should do and what outcome shall we expect ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Did you make any changes to your existing deal/contract which may result in a new contract?

Did you get an email from BT with confirmation of any changes?  If you didn't make any request to make a change to existing contract then BT put you back to where you were.  You need phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and get it clarified and sorted 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@sbg1982wrote:

Yes, we recently experienced this issue where in BT upgraded our contract and put us in a contract for two years without our consent. Isn't this illegal ? What do you think we should do and what outcome shall we expect ?

BT don't renew your contract, a contract is renewed when the customer or their representative asks for a change that comes with a minimum term, every time a minimum term is renewed, it's also confirmed by email or letter depending on the customers preference and they come with a 14 day cooling off period (except some BT Sport promotions)