cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Bt tv box

Hello I have owned a Bt tv box for some time. I haven’t used it for a while but now it comes up with the message that I need a Bt tv account to access Bt tv and presumably all my old recordings. I never had to pay for this. Can you help?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Bt tv box

Hello I’ve always used my Bt tv box without having to pay anything. Coming back to watch some old recordings and make the odd new one I can’t seem to do this. Is it not possible without a subscription?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: Bt tv box

Correct, with out a subscription the box becomes a bulk standard free view player. With no record or playback facility. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

@cb1234561 

You may be able to use it just as a Freeview recorder, but you would not be able to watch old recordings, as the content licence would have expired.

I still think it needs an Internet connection to get the program guide, especially if its been updated to the new interface. It may not even work as a stand alone Freeview recorder anymore.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi @cb1234561  

Any Freeview channel recordings should be available.

Viewing live Freeview Channels   Ie channels  1 to 299 or so should be possible subject to your aerial reception and  recordings can be set for these channels

when you get the Home Screen up .. normally upon start up  or by pressing the  YouvIEw or Home button on the remote make sure you select MYTV +  option ( not BT TV) .

That should give you the  Recordings that are already on your box.

Those off Freeview channels should play , Those off BT Sport channels will not without a subscription , Those off BT TV channels will not without a subscription and then only If the older subscription  channels are in the current subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

@cb1234561 

I don't understand the advice given by @Devon_Dave & @Keith_Beddoe at all.

As @zulu17  states the BT TV Youview box works just fine as a Freeview player & recorder without any connection to a BT TV subscription or even an internet connection.

Any free to view TV channel recordings on it should still be watchable regardless but any that were BT TV subscription channel recordings will not be.

And of course you can still use it now as a standard Freeview TV recorder.

Do you know the model number like T1000 , T2100 or T4000?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

I am wondering if this not a Youview box at all but one of the older BT TV devices?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Thanks very much.
 I can’t see mytv? It says I need a bttv account. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

T2100 I think

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Thanks I think it’s t2100 ..says youview on it

0 Ratings