cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Btinternet.com email address not working

Go to solution
My btinternet.com email address stopped working yesterday morning for some unknown reason. When I go to sign in it says "sorry, email address can't be recognised".
I am a BT broadband customer and use this email address on a daily basis. BT have also confirmed that the email address is still live. They have changed the password twice now and it still won't work for me.

Please can anyone help as I need to access it urgently
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Btinternet.com email address not working

Go to solution

@cmitchwrote:
My btinternet.com email address stopped working yesterday morning for some unknown reason. When I go to sign in it says "sorry, email address can't be recognised".
I am a BT broadband customer and use this email address on a daily basis. BT have also confirmed that the email address is still live. They have changed the password twice now and it still won't work for me.

Please can anyone help as I need to access it urgently

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Do you know if the account is BTYahoo or BTMail? If the former, there will be a Yahoo image in webmail.

Do you actually only use webmail, e.g. login via :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

and does that page give you the error?

This fault does seem to be quite common of late, indicating a server access fault somewhere - however no-one is investigating!

Nothing should really be altered, and the support team should never have altered the password - it's not a password fault. You could actually try the old password, but only try once since if you keep trying it might lock you out for multiple failed attempts.

If you can't get in, then unfortunately this is probably a time thing - which could last from a few hours to a few days.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

It's a BTyahoo address (I think).  Both the BT log in webpage and the yahoo mail webpage keep saying my email address is not recognised. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @cmitch,

I'm sorry to hear that you can no longer access your email address. It does sound as if the email may have been deleted especially if you can't access it on both sites. We'll need to look into this to find out why and to see if we can recover it.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

BT have already confirmed that the account still exists.

I have filled out the form and hope to get a reply soon.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I'll personally sort this out for you @cmitch.

I'll be in touch tomorrow when I know more.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution
Thank you so much. I just tried signing in again and it took me to a different page saying my account may have been compromised and I needed to reset my password... so I did. Now I try to sign in and it says the same thing again (unable to log me in)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

You are more than welcome @cmitch.

I believe this to be a Yahoo issue. They look to have deactivated your account in error and haven't fed that back to us. That's why people keep changing your password when you contacted us. As soon as I get word back I'll be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

@DanielSwrote:

You are more than welcome @cmitch.

I believe this to be a Yahoo issue. They look to have deactivated your account in error and haven't fed that back to us. That's why people keep changing your password when you contacted us. As soon as I get word back I'll be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

What's wrong with the account that makes the system deactivate it? It can't be a manual process. Unless the account is not associated in any way with (any) BTBroadband account and it's not Premium, then there is a fault causing this issue - which seems to be reported more frequently recently.

Also, as I keep saying, why are the helpdesk changing the password? That must be a "script" tick box, perhaps due to a password change effectively accessing the database and maybe curing some corruption - is that a possibility?

A password change is not needed, unless the system actually tells the user - maybe due to the system believing the account is compromised.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Re: URGENT - BTYahoo email address deleted without warning

Go to solution
I'm going through exactly the same thing. I currently have an active by broadband package and use the email address daily, so there's no reason whatsoever why BT or Yahoo should've deleted my email address completely.
One of the mods on here said he would look into it for me, so hopefully I'll get some answers today.
BT have been pretty useless so far about the whole situation .
0 Ratings