cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

CGN IP?

Go to solution

I'm trying to set up a Sven Coop server for my friends, only to be informed that they can't join, the port forwarding was done correct, then they tell me that I have a "CGN IP" and that I can't host a server? Please help me

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: CGN IP?

Go to solution

@noobland3601 

Which BT Broadband package do you have, and which BT Home Hub are you using?

BT Retail do not use CGNAT IP  (Shared) addresses on their fixed line broadband services.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Its simple to check. If your IP address shown in the hub stats page is the same as that shown by an IP checking website such as what's my IP, the you are not CGNATTED.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

For the package, I'm using the Fibre 100 with Halo 1, and I'm using the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@noobland3601 wrote:

For the package, I'm using the Fibre 100 with Halo 1, and I'm using the Smart Hub 2.

Then you will not have a shared IP address. (CGNAT). Your problem is due to something else.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for your help, I'll check over the porr srttings. By the way, what does it mean when there's a green tick next to the uPNP section at Port Forwarding?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@noobland3601 wrote:

Thanks for your help, I'll check over the porr srttings. By the way, what does it mean when there's a green tick next to the uPNP section at Port Forwarding?

I do not use a home hub, but I think you will find that ports are being forwarded automatically because you have UPnP enabled on the home hub settings. This will cause conflicts if you are trying to manually forward any ports, so you may be better to turn it off.

You may be able to get advice from other forum members who do have a home hub.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Okay, thanks for your help.
0 Ratings