cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Can't send email on Apple devices, can receive and webmail works ok

Go to solution

First noticed it a few days ago, this sort of thing has happened before a long time ago but never lasted as long.

I'm running a MacBook Pro and an iPhone 6s with a btinternet account I've had forever. 

I'm still receiving email on both devices but if I try to send anything it just stays in the outbox with a message about verifying the mailbox/server etc settings.

I can send myself an email and webmail works ok but it's a bit of a faff to use webmail and I find the webmail interface difficult to use from an accessibility point of view.

I'm happy to verify the settings myself if I know what I'm looking for.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't send email on Apple devices, can receive and webmail works ok

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband account holder or are you paying for your email account through a BT Premium email account?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I would guess BT Broadband account holder, I've had the package since the late 90's and never bothered to change as I have a good email address.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Just noticed that on the MacBook the error message says it can't be sent because of potential malware spam phishing etc risk

Mail connection doctor says it's connecting to SMTP but not IMAP?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

On the Macbook go to mail, preferences, accounts, server settings.

Under smtp you should have the settings as shown here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Well thanks for all the advice which wasn't needed in the end as the problem MIRACULOUSLY resolved itself YET AGAIN...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Did you follow my advice?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings