cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

Hello again to everyone having problems  

Have just successfully downloaded the Norton  security, to my laptop although this was not  an easy download as it seemed over complicated each time  you went from stage to stage and I was not always sure I had selected the correct choice, before moving on to the next but now I have a couple of other questions if anyone can answer please.

I  also found that to access the Norton icon  on your  desktop  you need to sign in  the first time, and use  your  i MyBt password, but afterwards you do not.

Now I have the Norton installed on my desktop and it is working, do I uninstall the McAfee one now.

Also I send a link email to my Android mobile but when   I pressed download,  although it took me to the  Store  this came up with McAfee virus protect and options to either uninstall or open, so what do you do here. and do you have to look for Norton somewhere in the store.

This is all very frustrating and has not been well thought through at all, and as an 84 year old  lady I  am very lucky in that  I am able  able to persevere and  know where to go to seek advice at all if I am stuck, but for many others this minefield would flummox them completely.

Good luck to all,   Maureen

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 406

Go to solution

Have tried again this morning and have managed to install on one PC

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 406

Go to solution

Updated Google Pixel 6 Pro this morning.(fully updated) 

Can't update from Google Pixel 6 (fully updated) Download link from manage puts back to Mcaffee app install, and sign in to Norton still crashes with server output (and get txt of security code - but then no place for code. 

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @momo@philbaldry@kensim 

The update to the BT Virus Protect App will gradually get rolled out over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, if you already have the McAfee version of the BT Virus Protect app installed, it will continue to work as normal.

When the update is ready your device will receive the automatic update from the Google Play store, just as you would update any app. Once you’ve got the update you’ll have to log in with your BTID credential just once to activate.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 406

Go to solution
what are you meant to do reinstall mcaffee if deleted app trying to update?
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 406

Go to solution

Thank you Paddy

I  have the BT Virus Protect on my Samsung  mobile, so will now wait as you say to receive the automatic update in due course, rather than try to download  it now.

Have much appreciated all the helpful suggestions etc from all involved in this changeover etc.,

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 406

Go to solution

It seems some people can now download Norton to a laptop; this is what I was trying to do. I think I'll wait a few days before trying again so any other "bugs" are ironed out.

I'm glad I started this thread  as BT didn't seem to know about it. BT Technical blamed Norton and Norton blamed BT; poor customer stuck in the middle. The BT Community always seems to come up trumps. It's always good to know you're not alone. Is it true you can only download to two devices for free? After that you have to pay! Not as good as the McAfee deal then.

Message 48 of 406

Go to solution

I am now up on running on a MacBook Pro, although required a number of restarts.

With regard to licences it is confusing. On the bt.com site in Your Security it states:

Install BT Virus Protect on up to 15 devices included with your broadband subscription.

Protect up to 15 PCs, Macs, Android phones and tablets for £4.18 a month with the first month on us.

The first line suggests 15 devices included in your broadband subscription, then the 2nd lines seems to contradict.

I have also seen a comment relating to 2 devices. Which is it BT? Poor if having to pay for this service as nowadays that is expected ... is a bit like expecting the cost of wheels to be built in rather than having to pay extra.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution

Clicked manage on MY BT and this took me to the Norton app. Said wasn't protected, when clicked this took me to Google play to update the macaffee app. Then ask for authorisation code. Clicked get code asked to log back in, then told can't connect to network. Now got no virus protection at all.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution
Had MacAfee for several years, and apparently this may be the reason I cannot upgrade on either phone (android11) or Laptop Windows 10, will we get notified when resolved
0 Ratings