cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Cannot change BT Yahoo Email Password

Go to solution

Has there been any update on this. I appear only to be able to chnage my BTID password and that change is not carried through as a change of my BT Yahoo Email Password. So while I can access Webmail through BTID any other access to my email addresses is blocked as the password is not recognised

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Cannot change BT Yahoo Email Password

Go to solution

Hi @edwardblack,

I'm sorry to hear that it isn't updating your email address. I take it that you've tried logging in through this link:

BT Email Log in

Have you tried your previous password? Let me know as we may need to contact our suppliers to get the BT ID and email linked successfully.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

@DanielSwrote:

Hi @edwardblack,

I'm sorry to hear that it isn't updating your email address. I take it that you've tried logging in through this link:

BT Email Log in

Have you tried your previous password? Let me know as we may need to contact our suppliers to get the BT ID and email linked successfully.

Thanks

DanielS

That is a tokenised link, and clearly not one that anyone would have.

The shortest link to use is :

www.bt.com/mail

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

@edwardblackwrote:

Has there been any update on this. I appear only to be able to chnage my BTID password and that change is not carried through as a change of my BT Yahoo Email Password. So while I can access Webmail through BTID any other access to my email addresses is blocked as the password is not recognised

It is best NOT to have the BTID the same character set as your BTinternet email address.

Why are you changing the password?

If webmail does work, and you're trying from an app/client - as explained quite a few times in these forums, don't do anything like change password or settings.

However if you do wish to change a BTYahoo password only, try :-

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Replying to Andy_N

Andy: It is best NOT to have the BTID the same character set as your BTinternet email address.

Edward: I agree entirely but there does not seem to be any choice but to have both the same

Andy: Why are you changing the password?

Edward: My account appeared to have been compromised as a large number of my contacts received a phishing email purporting to be from me

Andy: If webmail does work, and you're trying from an app/client - as explained quite a few times in these forums, don't do anything like change password or settings.

Edward: Sometimes one just has to change the password

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

The problem with the change password link you have provided is that it only works if the old password functions

But thanks for taking the time to respond

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Replying to DanielS

I cannot get any of the old passwords that I remember recognised

And ideally, as pointed out by Andy_N I do not want my email password and BTID password to be the same

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Trying to follow suggestions above, my BTID password was not recognised. Clicking on the forgotten password link I was able to set up a new password being told in the process that changing my BTID would lead to my BTMail password being updated. So I do not see how to make the two passwords diffefrent from each other

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

ANDY_N you are indeed a distinguished guru. I went back to the link you provided for changing my BTYahoo password and since it did not recognise my current password clicked the link to say that I had fogotten it. I was then able to reset a BTYahoo password separate from my BTID password. As I type this email is now downlaoding again to Outlook and my iPhone.

Thanks so much

Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

@edwardblackwrote:

ANDY_N you are indeed a distinguished guru. I went back to the link you provided for changing my BTYahoo password and since it did not recognise my current password clicked the link to say that I had fogotten it. I was then able to reset a BTYahoo password separate from my BTID password. As I type this email is now downlaoding again to Outlook and my iPhone.

Thanks so much

Glad it worked.

Note that you can have a different BTID to the email address, as long as the BTID is an email address you "own" :-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44847/c/7366#maincontent

make sure you make a note of the different access of course.

0 Ratings