cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 54

Re: Correct way to enable all BT sockets after Digital Voice

Has anybody tried using one of these twin outlets plugged into the hub? bt.jpeg

My house is over three levels with 30 inch thick walls, I had to use a wired connection around the house for phones in different rooms on each level. Openreach installed FTTP to me last November which is on level three  and at the end of the old wired phone circuit. The BT master socket is on level one. What I would like to do is connect the new BT phone to one outlet and run a cable from the end socket to the second outlet of plugin (photo). Socket will be hardwired. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 54

@Vidman51wrote:

Has anybody tried using one of these twin outlets plugged into the hub? bt.jpeg

My house is over three levels with 30 inch thick walls, I had to use a wired connection around the house for phones in different rooms on each level. Openreach installed FTTP to me last November which is on level three  and at the end of the old wired phone circuit. The BT master socket is on level one. What I would like to do is connect the new BT phone to one outlet and run a cable from the end socket to the second outlet of plugin (photo). Socket will be hardwired. Thanks

I use similar (mine has a lead on it but is essentially also a 2 way splitter) so my old answering machine and cordless hub work directly off the back of the hub

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 54

Did not work for me.  

Not sufficient umph to ring the bell on my old phone. Phones dont ring.

Even with modern handsets only one phone is supported. Suggest remove old, wired extensions... they won't work after digital voice. In my experience. 

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 54

That is not my experience.  The Digital Voice hub has a REN of 4 and on my installation it supports two hard wired extensions and (with the correct capacitor) an 80D external bell.  Your splitter looks very sensible and should work fine.

0 Ratings