cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Dig team keeps being delayed

Go to solution

Hi All

Following report of noisy line 31st Dec 2018, Engineers attended and decided the cable from the BT Pit, a mere 6 metres from the house and adjacent to my front garden. needed to be replaced. When the house was originally built unprotected cable had been loose laid and not run in ducting.

A Patrol fault was raised for the ducting to be installed and the cable replaced. Pavement and wall of house were marked to show route.

Rang bt to find out what was happening and wether date was available. Told 16th Jan. Dig Team did not show, informed BT and was told the dig had been delayed and new date 6th feb given, Dig team did not show. Rang and was given a confirmed date of 19th Feb and work would take 1 day to complete.

it is now the 19th Feb and no one has turned up!!

Whilst I keep being told that I will get compensation, I would rather have the situation resolved.

I am only getting voicemail when trying to contact my case manager.

I would appreciate some help.

Kim

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Dig team keeps being delayed

Go to solution

It Openreach, not BT Retail that would be doing any repairs.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @tincatinca,

I'm sorry there has been a delay in getting your service repaired. I would like to take a look at what is happening with that fault. 

I've sent you a private message, with details on how to contact the mod team and we'll get this investigated.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@tincatinca thanks for speaking with me today. I am very happy to hear that the dig work is being completed right now.

Your case handler is due to call you back on Saturday, so as agreed I will leave this with him, however please keep us posted and if needed we'd be happy to take over the complaint.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Stephanie

Well I am pleased to report that work has completed and we now have a crystal clear landline with zero noise.

However, whilst our broadband is stable at a much improved 22mb (Improvement over the 1 to 4mb we ahd been getting for the duration of landline fault) this is still far below the min 35mb expected for our line.see below extract from Order:

How fast will it be?

We estimate your download speed will be between 40Mbps and 55Mbps, and your upload speed will be between 9Mbps and 10Mbps.

The minimum guaranteed speed you can expect from your broadband will be 35Mbps.

One of the Openreach engineers that sorted the landline had a little time to carry out some basic checks, determining that speed was fine at cab 12 but only 26 at the pit closest to the house. we are 350m from the cabinet. inferring that the fault lays in the cabling/joints between the cab and our house.

Not sure what to do? Do I need to raise a Broadband fault and Engineer visit via My BT?

many thanks for your help

Kim

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @tincatinca ,

I am sorry to hear that the speeds still aren't what you were expecting. @StephanieG will be in touch with you later this evening.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

My case manager for original fault has taken on board and has arranged an engineer for next tuesday. thanks

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@tincatinca  thanks for letting us know, I was just about to contact you there! Let us know how you get on Tuesday, hopefully we're close to the finish line 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Stephanie

Engineer arrived today. He tested the line from house back to cab , passed all tests. He carried out more diagnostics and whilst they all appeared fine (apart from speeds) he swapped to a new pair in the Cab.

Now getting 50Mb Down 9.7Mb Up !!! I am an extremely happy bunny. 

Thank goodness he wasnt one of the "It passes all the tests so therefore there is no fault" brigade. He took pride in his work and wasnt going to close the call at the first opportunity.

I have left voicemail for Ian to close call.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @tincatinca  Thanks for the update and @StephanieG  will also be happy to hear your connection has now been fixed 🙂

Cheers
John

0 Ratings