cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Digital voice

This Digital Voice service that has been imposed on customers seems to be completely unreliable. We were switched over to the service on the 1st of September and within 2 weeks it had stopped working. They managed to get it working again within 48 hours. Then last Sunday we found it wasn’t working again. I tried to report it on Sunday but the troubleshooter seemed to stall. I rang BT on Monday to be told they were very sorry, the problem would be rectified by today (Thursday 30th) and they would send me 2 free DV phones due to the inconvenience. The adviser also closed my initial fault report and opened another one which means the compensation they should pay will be less! It’s the 30th and the problem is still present.I’ve tried the new DV phones and an old line line plugged into the back of the hub but still no landline.  Apparently the problem has been referred to ‘TMC’ whatever that is but it doesn’t seem to be effective.  Should I be able to expect a better service than this?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Digital voice

Yeah, I don't trust it I had a loss of service red light (LOS) on the front on my fibre box (ONT) the other day = no Internet and of course no landline.

It worked when I turned it off/on but it's not ideal (especially since I'm plugged into a UPS already so it's a bit of a fiddle). I think I've had possibly 4 cut offs (first time took 7 days to repair) like that in 10 months. That may have happened on copper with my VDSL maybe once a year but not on my landline AFAIK. I don't recall losing my landline in 30+ years.

Only good thing about DV when it gets cut off is all the telephones light up like Blackpool to tell you there's no service.

A mobile telephone is essential which is worrying and I'm not happy about it but I'll have to get used to it.

0 Ratings