cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Do bt engineers even bother to turn up?

So I've had problems with my broadband ever since I switched to BT which has been about a month or so now this past week I've had the dreaded flashing purple light on three occasions engineers have apparently been to fix the problem however I have a perfect view to the street outside from my bedroom and not once have I seen any openreach van or workmen outside every time I try and track the fault it just says work is in progress we'll update you when it's completed and of course the name of the mystery engineer and contact number is not showing so I can contact them directly just more than a little convenient if you ask me I'm very fast losing patience with this so called company I'm sure I'll get plenty of reminders when my bills due though that's for sure!! OK guys rant over lol enjoy your day 🙂

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Do bt engineers even bother to turn up?

@Dannyboy_92 

The engineers are from Openreach, not BT Retail.

What date did you report the fault to BT?

How many visits have you been promised?

Is your phone line working?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I know mate that's why I said "I've not seen any openreach van or workmen outside" I reported it last week Friday they've apparently been out three times so far but as I mentioned I've not once seen them and I'm not sure about my phone line as I don't own a house phone BT are telling me it's a fault with my broadband or something 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Dannyboy_92   Openreach engineers could be attending the Cabinet or Exchange and will not necessarily visit you or your street.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Dannyboy_92 

Most broadband issues are caused by a disconnected line. A quick check with a phone will prove that, and you can then report it as a phone fault, and that tends to get priority, as the phone may be needed to make emergency calls.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

the most basic check is to see if your phone line has a dial tone so any chance you can borrow a landline phone to test?  no tone of noisy line is a phone problem not broadband - you get faster repair if phone problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Are you referring to a ‘BT Engineer’ as in an Openreach Engineer or ‘BT Engineer’ as in a Qube Engineer who BT Employ Directly as Home Tech Support. Openreach have no involvement with Qube and they wouldn’t have arranged a Qube Engineers visit.

0 Ratings