cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Editing Contacts Lists not working

Go to solution

Though my contacts is working fine I am unable to edit or add to my lists, clicking on the greyed add contact at the bottom of the contacts pane generates the message ... currently unavailable. I wonder when this will be fixed as I need to edit some regularly used lists quite urgently

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Editing Contacts Lists not working

Go to solution

If you are on the BTYahoo email system this has apparently been suspended due to the ongoing migration of BTYahoo email accounts to the BTMail email system. Once your email account has been migrated you will be able to edit contacts

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

The obvious question - when will my email account be migrated? Probably a 'how long is a piece of string' question. Can you at least give a timescale?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

At some point between now and the end of this year. 

You can not ask to be migrated or be told when it will happen. It is a rolling program and is happening in batches. Not all of your email accounts will necessarily be migrated at the same time.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt replies. Do you have any links leading to descriptions of what's changing and making this migration clearer?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

This explains what is happening, thank you, but suggests BT is not being very helpful. I have a number of contacts lists which I need to amend regularly. I have to live with something that is not working, and no timescale. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

It is a pain. I think I'm paying enough to expect a full service and suffer reductions in that service for only very short periods of time. I, like you, have lists in contacts which I need to regularly amend. I'd love to be kept informed of plans and their progress which affects my service from BT, but it's down to me to keep searching or posting on here. BT are hard to contact on the phone, chat was disabled yesterday so I waited for over an hour on the phone to get through. Thank goodness for free minutes on my Voda.  For the first time ever I'm considering moving my supplier. I appreciate the problems Corona has caused, but that's up to BT to sort. I suggest MORE PEOPLE.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Well at the time of writing, I too experience issues with contacts list.  My e mail contacts (when you start typing in address bar) is very much different to the "CONTACTS" at top of e mail.  Trouble is, it is almost impossible to merge the two lists.

Since the timescale is "by end of the year"  there is just 12 days left including holiday.  Maybe blame it on Covid !!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

When you start typing in the address bar the "contacts"  that are available are not necessarily the ones that are in your email contacts folder. 

The ones that are in the contacts folder are ones that you have actually added to the contacts folder by adding them as a contact.

The one that you are using by typing in the address bar are held in a cache for the "Auto Complete" and are contacts that you have used in the "reply to " function and those contacts have not been saved in your "Contacts" folder.

To ensure that you can use the "Auto Contacts" cache you need to go into the settings and in the contacts section ensure that the box "Enable auto contacts complete" has been ticked.

You can not merge the two, you would need to add any new contacts that you want to keep into your contacts folder.

This can be done by opening the email then hovering over the email address which will reveal a + icon that if you click on it it will reveal an option box, follow the prompts.

0 Ratings