cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laguna281
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Email log in issues for over a week!

I cannot log in to my email via the BT.com page. If I or anyone in my household tries to login to email via this page https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform  then it goes nowhere, does not load and we have had this problem for over a week now - Hurry up BT and please sort this out !!!

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Gav2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 19

Re: Email log in issues for over a week!

I've had this too. I've already raised a discussion topic but so far no one has been able to help.
I only went to the above screen (I usually access mail via Outlook) as the server keeps downloading all my old emails so I've had to disconnect it.
Hopefully it will be solved soon - BT really ought to pull their fingers out and resolve this issue.
0 Ratings
britjo67
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

I've had the same problems too.  I spent an hour on the phone to helpdesk, they accessed my laptop and still couldn't fix it, and then told me it would all be ok in 72 hours.  That was two weeks ago.  I'm getting to the stage where, if I can't access my emails, I may as well start looking for a new broadband provider, because BT are letting us down.

MaryKin
Beginner
Message 4 of 19

Exactly the same here. We started to have problems yesterday. Curiously I can access my emails via either ipad, iphone or webmail but my husband (who only uses webmail) can't login at all despite using the same login page that I am using. He has tried Safari and Firefox - but it can't be that since I can login myself. What a mess this changeover is proving to be.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 19

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry about the email login issues you've been experiencing recently. Please can you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and if possible include screen shots showing the login page that you are getting and we'll get this reported. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
IRSummer
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

I (and my wife) have the same problem. The POP server works OK but the manual web login gets us nowhere.

0 Ratings
IRSummer
Beginner
Message 7 of 19

I seem to have solved this by going via https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?&.src=ym&.intl=uk and following the obvious steps. Maybe the "new service" message that I acknowledged was the key?

0 Ratings
barb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

I'd be interested to know is you're now going via us yahoo not uk. I had the btyahoomail login page saved as bookmark and always signed in this way. My probs, enter address and password, press enter, the boxes went blank again, no error message etc, this happened for a few attempts. The new service box came up and I clicked yes, thinking it was the new bt mail thing. I then noticed my mail was going via us yahoo so went to my primary email, tried to log in,, same thing happened, this time I clicked no on the new service box, thinking I had done something wrong last time, as I don't know very much about IT. I then tried to access my yahoo account via my primary, to delete sub account and make new one but it won't let me. I click account info and get a yahoo sign in, click this and get the new bt home page, round and round we go. Spoke to tec support 2 days running for hours, they took control of my machine, nothing solved, said we'll pass it on and you'll hear in a couple of days, that was 14 jan, still waiting. So now my primary is uk yahoo and my sub is us yahoo. I'm not too bothered about the prob now, ( except for the annoying us ads) I'm sure it'll get sorted once bt get there act together and switch properly. It was the usyahoo not uk that worried me, I know very little about how these things work and was concerned my mail had been hacked. 

0 Ratings
IRSummer
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

I was logging in via BT, then I encountered the problem, then I logged in once via yahoo (see previous), and now I can log in via BT agian.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 19

As we are losing disposable email addresses I created a new sub account. This shows OK as a sub-account on my main account. The password is not recognised. I did a password reset still unable to log in. I contacted BT who said that i should delete the sub account and make a new one BUT i would not be able to use the same name. They could be right but the reason I set up this email name is because I want it. Has anyone any ideas. i can't try with a new sub account as I have used all 5 now.

0 Ratings