cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Email "Ceased"

Go to solution

Home

I haven't used my BT email address for a couple of years but was thinking about using it again. I have followed all the instructions for setting up the email address / creating a new one. I am not seeing the option to create one. It says my email has 'ceased'. I can't find any mention of that in any of the help docs. 

I have a Halo 2 package and it says I have email as part of the package.

Anyone else had the same thing?

Thank you in advance.

Ian

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email "Ceased"

Go to solution

If you have not used a BT email address for a couple of years it will have been deleted and the address can not be reused.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or-deleted-

If you have a BT Broadband package you can create 11 email accounts.

You will first have to set up your BTID and thereafter you can set up an email account via your MyBT but as previously stated you can not re-use a deleted email address.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/account-set-up/how-do-i-create-and-activate-a-new...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Apologies for the delay I have only just seen it as it was sent to my spam.

What you suggest is what I have tried but I do not get the option to 'Create a new email address' It tells me I have a 'ceased' account but the ID is the same as I have always used and still works for displaying my BT bills, account info etc.. 

When I select email from the top menu it keeps asking me to log in but after entering my email and password it tells me to log in again.

Do they want different sign in details to my normal BT login?

Thank you again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Zedbiker,

It's good to see you back on the Community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry you've had difficulties setting up a new email address. If you send me in your details, this is something I'll be able to help you with.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Zedbiker,

Thanks for taking the time to send in your account information.

It looks like your old email address was stuck in the cease process which was stopping any new accounts being set up. I have fixed this in the background. 

Can you try and create a new email address and let me know how it goes?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hello, I have the same problem. I can use my existing email account, but can't create a new one. Next to my account number it says 'ceased'.

0 Ratings