cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camper
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 25

Email sent from Desktop & Laptop taking up to fiv minutes to reach recipien but sends fine on IPAD &

Hi Guys,

hope somone can help.

This all seemed to occur this morning........I'm receiving emails fine(BT Yahoo obviously) but sending from PC & Laptop via web login it is taking somewhere up to 5 minutes to reach recipients whereas never been an issue.

Odd thing is that if I send via IPAD  or IPHONE its almost instantaneous. All sppeds / connections fine otherwise.

Why woudl PC Laptop  & IPAD differ ? 

Hope someone can shed light, never been an issue before. 

Many thanks. 

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
camper
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 25

Re: Email sent from Desktop & Laptop taking up to fiv minutes to reach recipien but sends fine o

Hi, any Mods are anyone got any advice BT email helpine told me it was probably browser being out of date  - theyre not , checked in both IE & Google Crome. On Laptiop & Desktop............any ideas?

0 Ratings
camper
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 25

Contacts gone ! dissapeared - technical error......on all family sub accounts too. Help.

Big  Problems today.. posted earlier about slow speed sending off pc/desktop but not on IPAD / IPHONE this is common on families devices too. Bigger probelm now come to light in last hour ALL CONTACTS IN OUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS HAVE Gone  all we get is  

"There’s been a technical error

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 25

Re: Contacts gone ! dissapeared - technical error......on all family sub accounts too. Help.

Hi @camper I'm sorry about the problems with your BT email. If you get in touch with the Email helpdesk on this link they'll be able to get this looked into.

0 Ratings
camper
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 25

Re: Contacts gone ! dissapeared - technical error......on all family sub accounts too. Help.

Thank you, I think someone is going to ring me ..........tthey just called but their ecreen froze. Have these isssues happened before do you know? Thanks.

0 Ratings
camper
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 25

weird one - "no issues" BT Customer Service say but still the same

So psoted couples of times yesterday, started off emails sent from desktop/laptop taking forever to land on receipents (and cc to self) -7 mins.  but fine on IPAD /IPHONE (instant)  Then hour later all my contacts dissapear.CS  Escalated to level 2 as they could see an error apparently.  But screen froze on GTA session . Only got call back this morning wherein same problems exist but contacts returned. I cant read email headers but it woudl seem that emails sent from my PC look like going through four servers one of whcih "holds" for 5 minutes  - I maybe wrong though - Cust Services can offer no explantion as to what happened and what continues to.

Hoping someone on here can assist? Thanks. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

Re: weird one - "no issues" BT Customer Service say but still the same

I have merged your posts together so that your problem is all in one place and anybody offering advice/help can see the history of your problem.

0 Ratings
camper
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 25

Re: weird one - "no issues" BT Customer Service say but still the same

Thank you gg30340. Appreciated. 

0 Ratings
camper
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 25

originating IP addresses - one in US and one in UK - IS THIS A SIGN OF A HACK?

Digging around to find out why a material delay on emails being received by recipents yesterday amonngst other things  - really not sure what I'm looking for in Email Headers at all , but did notice on the emails that are delayed they originate from a US IP Adress 

X-Originating-IP: [98.138.120.xx]

X-OWM-Source-IP: 98.138.120.xx(US) whcih appesr to be Yahoo HQ ? I think.

wheras the ones that fly through come from UK adress: 

X-Originating-IP: [212.82.97.xx]

X-OWM-Source-IP: 212.82.97.xx(GB)

Whats the significance of this ?.

Anyone know? why different? would this account for delay?

Cheers. 

0 Ratings
camper
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 25

Re: originating IP addresses - one in US and one in UK - IS THIS A SIGN OF A HACK? any mods help?

Anychance somone could help? I'm stumbling around trying to find out whats going on  - I've now found out that this is something possibly related to "Critcal path"?  the IP adresses that feature in my emails as permitted sender is : 

65.20.0.12  - googling this I can only see bad news. So I'm guessing that my account , reagrdless of security/password settings is compromised by these people?.

Guys really struggling to understand grateful if someoene could take time to look at this and potentially set me straight.

Thanks. 

0 Ratings