Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ney
Expert
Message 41 of 57

Re: Extra channel players

Go to solution

I will let you know.

I did try a software update for the on demand players on both the BT Youview and the retail Youview boxes and it said the software was up to date.

I will try a reset on both boxes later the day.

If I had not seen this thread I would have never knowen that I was ment to be getting this service.

Darren

0 Ratings
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 57

Go to solution
I did a reset today aswell but still no catch up option for the extra channels. Do strange. Will update when the mod gets back to me
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 43 of 57

Go to solution

Hi FC and Ney,

I have seeked some advice on the problem you have described.  Its something that we are going to have to look into a little further to see why you guys cant see this.

FC - Thanks for sending in your details Smiley Happy

Ney - Could you do the same please and drop me an email?  Just click on my username (SeanD) and you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.

Cheers

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 44 of 57

Go to solution

Have messaged the mod so will see what happens.

Darren

0 Ratings
smcbeath
Contributor
Message 45 of 57

Go to solution

Wow didnt realise that we had this. I never use the catch up players but i decided to try the iplayer and it doesnt load, it just loops the loading screen. Away to do a reset via the menus to see if this fixes it. I am on the G4 box.

0 Ratings
richieb76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 57

Go to solution

When i complained about this a few months ago BT sent an engineer out to investigate, I was then informed the extra channel players had been removed when the ability to record them was actioned, sadly no one at BT seems to know much about there own product

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 47 of 57

Go to solution

Hi All,

I have been through every customer account on the platform and made sure that everyone with the extra channel subscriptions also have the ability to see the "Catch Up" menu via the BT youview application.

There were indeed some discrepancies and for those people missing it, in order to see the menu you will need to:

• Launch the BT Player
  • Wait 60 seconds
  • Close the BT player

Upon subsequent app launches, the Catch up menu should now be visible.

Steve

speedtrip
Expert
Message 48 of 57

Go to solution

Nice one Steve_M !

Can you make another pass thru & fix the G4 boxes struggling to record IP Chans using Series Link from s/by ?

Cheers!

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 57

Go to solution

Even Steve_M and his endless talents can't fix that but we will keep pushing for the fix...we really need some good news about release 19 with CRB and some news on the progression of the recording fix...I am getting sad 😞

Apologies if my picture caused you endless extra work as more people realised it was missing but I am sure you will agree it is a worthwhile cause 🙂

0 Ratings
richieb76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 57

Go to solution
Just tried that fix and am pleased to say it work, can't believe that it's been missing for months with endless phone calls and an engineer visit I was told it had been removed; it beggars belief that so many BT staff know so little
0 Ratings