cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

FTTC some houses get it some dont from same cabinet?

I used to live about half a mile away from my current house. I had FTTC in the old property and was told when moving that the new premises i would be able to upgrade back to it soon after moving. I have just gone to upgrade it and learnt that I can get FTTH which i dont really want, due to having recently decorated and been told a lot of drilling is involved. 

My old house uses the same cabinet so I cant understand why the new property cannot just have FTTC, or is this something i can pay to get done?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTTC some houses get it some dont from same cabinet?

If you are now half a mile further away from the cabinet you are probably too far for FTTC. You seriously don't want the huge advantages of FTTH because of a bit of extra decorating?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

if anything im closer the the cabinet then the old house. How come some houses have fttc from the same cabinet and some dont, doesnt make sense to me?

When i rang up about it it for ftth i was told that they would need to install a box on the outside of the house, but then need to to a alot of drilling on the inside near where the main line and the sub line (as we use the sub line as the main line is in my sons bedroom and doesnt have any power sockets near it). Or is this incorrect?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

A lot of drilling? 1 hole from outside which will be covered by the ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thats odd, as was told there was drilling inside as well?

Does the router inside have to be on the main line or can it be on the sub line?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

There is no main line or sub line. There is a fibre optic cable which plugs into the ONT.

echolife.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

So weird that they have said different things. It’s like the sales people don’t know what they are talking about. As I was definitely told that the engineer would need to go to the main phone socket and drills holes and lay the line to where we want it.

So just to make sure I’ve got it correctly. They drill a hole in the side of the house where the fibre will go in, then lay a line to where the fibre is wanted. I am wanting it upstairs in the room we have converted, as we are in a bungalow, and they don’t need to do anything with the phone sockets?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

THIS pretty much explains it.

Its always best to use the dedicated FTTP team rather than normal sales. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings