cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: FTTP and newbuilds phone and tv problems

Hi Keith. I see the logic in this. However,Open reach left me with a short white cable  with what appear to be the same ends as an Ethernet cable and a longer grey one which has the same connectors as a phone line. They said the white one was for the hub connection to the internet and the grey one plugged into my phone. When I got my new hub it said to use the Ethernet cable with the red ends. I rang FTTP team to clarify this and they said to ignore the open reach cable which confused me. I have since tried every combination without success. Sorry for appearing a bit dim. I think you have the answer. Just wish I knew what plugged in where. To think I was concerned about the tv set up working and that was a breeze.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Why not take a picture of the installation, and it may become clearer?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Yeah, Openreach have started to fit cables with a telephone plug at each end.

One connects to the tele port on the ONT. The other to a telephone socket installed by the ONT, which would then connect to the other telephone extension sockets around the house.
Message 14 of 17

@Starwire2000 wrote:
Yeah, Openreach have started to fit cables with a telephone plug at each end.

One connects to the tele port on the ONT. The other to a telephone socket installed by the ONT, which would then connect to the other telephone extension sockets around the house.

That would seem the solution in this case, quite simple really, especially as the two sockets are adjacent. @Terri1 have you tried that?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Hi the ONT has no ports free. I have a cable with phone connections at both ends. Rang BT again and I was informed the only way to set the phone line up was by plugging in the existing phone line to TEL 1. This means I either have the trailing wire out of the cupboard or the phone has to stay in the cupboard. The other alternative is to purchase extra phone handsets or have a further extension socket which we cost me £205or I can upgrade to Infinity 3 and I then get the socket installed free of charge.Why then do they install two phone sockets next to the modem. I have tried using this cable InTel 1 and I get line cord error displayed on the phone.I believe I have been given the wrong info or BY are trying to con me out of more money. By the way, the engineer that was supposed to call to sort it all out never arrived!I give up!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Use the lead which has a telephone plug at each end. Plug one end into the TEL 1 socket, and the other end into the other phone socket which is linked to the rest,

Why not take a picture and post it here?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

I think I need one of these. Can someone post a link to the cable I need please or describe the technical name.  Thanks

0 Ratings