cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Faulty smarthub 6? wired and WiFi problems

Go to solution

@hellothere19 wrote:
I've looked at the notes, but the configuration notes look pretty difficult for me tbh

So if I'm out of contract they won't send me a new smarthub?

You do not need to look at all those pages, as the quick setup does it all for you.

Those extra pages are there for information about extra features like bandwidth control, access control and parental controls.

I have added an extra bit, with the configuration files already saved, you just need to load them into the router.  It may help those who are really stuck

Some default configuration files if you are stuck

Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

I bought a new router as  recommended here, but before I try to install this, there is something which is strange (or maybe not 🙂 

as I wrote  before, I have intermittent WiFi, no wired internet on all wired devices no BT tv extra channels as they run on internet  etc  

on the main tv in the lounge, I cannot access apps and players using BT youview hub. However, I can use Netflix, Iplayer etc when I access these straight through the Sony tv not using Youview ....

would this be related to the BT smart hub, or would this be a Youview problem? Or both ?

the TV upstairs I don’t have wired internet at all

I’ll  give the new router a ty later this week 

Commence here 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

It could be either, or both.

If you have the other router, then I would be more inclined to try that, as it should be easy to swap over or back again.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:
Your connection time is very short, so something is causing the connection to drop, if there is no noise on the line, so it could be the home hub itself.

Just so you know, not all types of noise that can impact the frequencies used by VDSL, are audible. So, it could be something electrical causing the disconnections, it's not necessarily a faulty Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

@Techwizz wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:
Your connection time is very short, so something is causing the connection to drop, if there is no noise on the line, so it could be the home hub itself.

Just so you know, not all types of noise that can impact the frequencies used by VDSL, are audible. So, it could be something electrical causing the disconnections, it's not necessarily a faulty Hub.

I am well aware of that, I spent most of my working life as a radio and transmission engineer.

RF interference was one of my specialities, covering radio, VHF (405 line) and UHF (625 Line) TV, FM. Interference to Private analogue and Digital circuits, ADSL and HDSL, VDSL etc.

Message 16 of 19

Go to solution
Wow, must've been quite interesting then. I just wanted to clear that up, as I didn't want the OP thinking that they needed a new Hub, when the issue could be being caused by something else.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@Techwizz wrote:
Wow, must've been quite interesting then. I just wanted to clear that up, as I didn't want the OP thinking that they needed a new Hub, when the issue could be being caused by something else.

This link describes on of my past jobs http://www.lightstraw.co.uk/ate/tec/pors1.html

Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Sorry for a delay in my update.

i finally got round installing the new router. I was indeed very easy and I have wired/wireless broadband everywhere. The WiFi signal upstairs with an extender  is much stronger than it was with BT. Thanks Keith!  The BT hub6 can be binned 

I still have problems logging in with my iPhone but I’m sure that’s iPhone related

Topic can be closed 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

@hellothere19 wrote:

Sorry for a delay in my update.

i finally got round installing the new router. I was indeed very easy and I have wired/wireless broadband everywhere. The WiFi signal upstairs with an extender  is much stronger than it was with BT. Thanks Keith!  The BT hub6 can be binned 

I still have problems logging in with my iPhone but I’m sure that’s iPhone related

Topic can be closed 

It does seem to give very good coverage on 2.4GHz, probably because its got a couple of good external aerials.

Interesting what you say about iPhones, as it must be an issue with your one, because our neighbour, who uses the guest network from the TP link, has two iPhones, and they connect just fine. Try deleting the connection details, and re-entering them again.

My eldest daughter, has four family members with iPhones, and they all connect fine, to her TP Link.

0 Ratings