cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Fibre 1 speeds

Go to solution

Hi all,

Just a quick query regarding speeds of fibre 1.

I understand after reading this forum and checking the BT website that there is a slight speed difference between fibre 1 and fibre 2. More specifically for my address fibre 1 is 47mb to 50mb and fibre 2 is 47 - 70mb.

However, when I have spoken to retentions to regrade I have been advised this is incorrect and the speeds are exactly the same for both and that I will get 47 - 70 on fibre 1 and this is confirmed on my order confirmation which I have attached.

Can anyone advise which is correct?

Screenshot_20201021_123245.jpg

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Fibre 1 speeds

Go to solution

The only difference between fibre1 and fibre2 is an artificial speed cap applied to fibre1 circuits. I.e your line will sync at whatever speed it is capable of up to any speed cap.

Therefore your line would only get  a maximum of 55M on fibre1 as it would be capped at that speed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Ok but which will I get? As the BT website states up to 50mb on fibre 1 however the email confirmation states up to 70 for the fibre 1 service?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

See my edited post, you will only get a maximum of 55M on fibre 1

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

But that isn't what the email states, it's indicating that I can go up to 70 on this service.

I'm not doubting what you're telling me, I just don't understand why the email confirmation states the speeds I will get is 47 - 71 Mbps if that's not what I'll get.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

It's possible you are getting fibre2 service at fibre1 prices, there seems to be all sorts of deals going on.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

I don't believe so, if you look at the screenshot on my original post it shows as fibre 1 so I'm certain I'm getting the Fibre 1 service but with the fibre 2 speeds

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Exactly, it's just a different way of saying what I posted.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

This brings me back to my original point, it's confusing. Which is correct, will I be getting the speeds on the email and contract or is this incorrect and I'll get what's quoted on the website?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I have absolutely no idea, I can only tell you that fibre1 has  a 55M cap and fibre2 has an 80M cap which BT advertise as 50M service and 67M service to allow for overheads between sync speed and download speed.

0 Ratings