cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre - ONT box move concern

Go to solution

Hi All

I’m new to this so apologies if this is in wrong place I’d have no idea how to move it.

I’m getting my ONT fibre box moved as it doesn’t serve its purpose in its current room. Where I want it moved to there is breeze block followed by slates at the front of my house. 
I’ve been told that if it’s compromised then water can get in and damage it. Will BT/Openreach take this into account before they do it or should I tell them myself? 

thank you

james

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre - ONT box move concern

Go to solution

@Smithz92 

This would have nothing to do with BT, its Openreach your need to discuss it with when they arrive.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Presumably it's the Hub rather than the ONT that doesn't serve its purpose where located. If so, it might be simpler to just run an Ethernet cable yourself to where you require the Hub to be sited. The ONT and Hub can be up to 100 metres apart, they don't need to be adjacent to each other.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Breeze Block with slate over it.

Only a Darwin Award Winner would be stupid enough to drill through that.

The cable would have to come in via another route so if you’re dead set on the ONT being moved there then be prepared for some surface mounted cabling being run over skirting boards, over door frames and possibly through internal walls. That’s unless of course the Openreach Engineer is a Prestigious Darwin Award Winner of Course.