cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Free-standing caller display with names as well as numbers?

The previous post about Caller Display made me wonder ... does anyone know if it's possible to get a free-standing caller display unit,  i.e. not built into a phone,  that can be programmed to display a name as well as / instead of a number?    Although BT said,  when Caller Display was first introduced  ( sometime late 90s ...? ),  that this was going to be a standard feature,   it never seemed to be available at the time,  and I just thought they'd ditched the idea.    I didn't even know it was available on certain phones nowadays,  but since I use the old-style 8782 phones,  it would have to be free-standing,  if anything.    Mind you,  even then,  that's if it wouldn't put the total REN number too high to allow the phones to ring  ( already a problem ...!! ).

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Free-standing caller display with names as well as numbers?

Have you tried an Internet search? Plenty of stand alone units available.

I searched for "caller display unit BT" and there were plenty of results. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Free-standing caller display with names as well as numbers?

To clarify:  it's not that I've had trouble finding Caller Display units  -  I have a CD1000 sitting in front of me right now  -  it's that I've had trouble finding ones that display both name and number,  and don't have a REN of 50.    Or have I just not looked in the right place?

0 Ratings