cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikey2000
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Frustrations with parental controls

I'm a BT Infinity subscriber and previously used Net Nanny to protect the family computer.

The subscription expired and I thought I'd try out the free stuff bundled with my BT package.  I totally uninstalled Net Nanny from the Windows 7 PC.

I already used the BT NetProtect antivirus and decided to try out the Parental Control options.  I added a brand new windows login for our son then enabled protections.  I wanted to allow "www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies" so I added this to the optional list of allowed websites.  It still comes up blocked, even after a reboot etc.  I made sure there were no typos or anything.

Very frustrating. 

So, I disabled the Parental Controls of Netprotect Plus and downloaded the new looking 'BT Family Protection".  I successfully installed it, created and admin account.  All OK.  Then I created an account for my son.  Alll OK.

I tried enabling "www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies" and it went in OK but cut off the /cbeebies part.  So, it allows access to *all* of bbc.co.uk, including all the scary news stuff that is not appropriate to a 5 year old.

How can I give access to just www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
mikey2000
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Frustrations with parental controls

Is anyone able to help with this?

Please?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 3

Re: Frustrations with parental controls

Hi mikey2000,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings