cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 190

Re: Full Fibre 900 WiFi speeds

Go to solution

I can confirm the following routers can deliver full gigabit (940mbit with Ethernet overhead).  To my mind it’s pointless to discuss Wi-fi speeds.

ubiquiti edgerouter 4, 8

ubiquiti udm pro

cisco meraki mx84

Might be worth adding devices tested and seeing proper speed test results.

My  first port of call on any ISP install is bypass or junk the provided device- there always going to be the biggest limiting factor in terms of feature set and troubleshooting.

0 Ratings
Message 152 of 190

Go to solution

I ran in diagnosed and had BT confirm this behavior in August- had the same line- wouldn’t hold my breath on firmware fix.

0 Ratings
Message 153 of 190

Go to solution

Hi, I also just purchased the Netgear RAX 200 and that delivers 900+ Via Ethernet. 

I’ve also been really impressed with the WiFi speeds - hitting 600+ on an iPhone 12 Pro Max!! 

0 Ratings
Message 154 of 190

Go to solution

Add the Asus RT-AX88U to that list, Been using it since I got the 900/110 package installed with 100% success .

WiFi-6 to my iPhone 11 Pro Max almost 900Mbps as seen here. 

Confirmed working without issues.😇

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 155 of 190

Go to solution

You can also added the Asus RT-AC3200 with there latest firmware update. I have been getting up 1gig down and 125 up pretty much all the time. 

0 Ratings
Message 156 of 190

Go to solution

Did you have any problems with your broadband?

And how did you get it resolved?

0 Ratings
Message 157 of 190

Go to solution

Again, I think trying to check router performance on wifi is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" , first and foremost we need a clear list of devices which are capable of routing 1gig.  Wifi might get better, but with WIfi6 / and forth coming 6E changing things...plus high dependencies on house size, material, interference, neighbouring wifi, channel utilisation  etc, there's no way to accurately baseline.

0 Ratings
Message 158 of 190

Go to solution

Lots of interesting options and opinions on this one! Has anyone tried one of these https://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/eax20.aspx ? I have just a couple of Wifi 6 devices, so not ready to replace the smarthub with a Wifi 6 router. I also don’t want to change existing setup with complete Wifi discs. From what I can see, if I Ethernet connect this to the smarthub I should be able to create a separate Wifi 6 network for the newer devices. Hopefully that would give me better speeds and help me justify my 900mb fibre! Yes, I know Ethernet cables would be the best solution but our room layout won’t allow me to do that neatly.

0 Ratings
Message 159 of 190

Go to solution

You'd have to watch that you have enough clean bandwidth in the 2.4 ghz channel especially.  If it's mesh remember it'll also use further channels for backhaul.

I've got some of the new Wifi6 LR ApPs on order - I have high hopes.  Also be testing some new Engenius (with 2.5ghz MG backhaul) in the coming weeks.

Message 160 of 190

Go to solution

Good evening 

Am having very similar problems on my AX88U can’t max out the line the most I can get is 600Mbps over cable 

Current Version : 386.1_beta4b-gb9175c6a96

Netgate 6100 | FTTP
0 Ratings