cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Full Fibre Fault - Loss of Digital Voice and Full Wifi

My Full Fibre connection has failed. There is a Red light on my Nokia ONT indicating Loss of Network. I reported the fault using the My BT app on my phone, and a fault was raised automatically. OK so far.

However the fault description that I see says that the fault is "Slow Connection". Also somewhat insultingly they add "We’ve had to remove your right to exit your contract without penalty, as we’ve not been able to monitor your speed or get any required information from you." That's because there is no connection!

In these circumstances I was expecting a 4G Mini Hub to be sent out automatically but that is definitely not the case. The BT website says 

With BT Halo 3, if you're moving home or have any issues with your broadband connection just let us know and we'll send you a 4G Mini Hub to keep you connected.

When I rang up to check the service support person needed to get his manager's approval to send out the Mini Hub. Hopefully this should arrive today.

There's another thing . Unlike any other virtual voice service, the Digital Voice service does not operate with the Mini Hub, nor I gather will any "Complete Wi-Fi" discs.  This hardly meets BT's claim "BT Halo is the UK’s first unbreakable home wi-fi". 

It seems to break quite readily and not be fixed by the provision of the 4G Mini Hub. 

Another example of the not quite joined up service.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Full Fibre Fault - Loss of Digital Voice and Full Wifi

Which exchange are you on?

With digital voice the smart hub is the base station so if it does not have a connection how can digital voice work?

0 Ratings