cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full TV listings not displayed on new LG smart TV

Go to solution

Yesterday, I took delivery of a new LG smart TV. I'm now having an issue trying to access all the freeview channels via my existing set top box. (I got them on LG by tuning the TV, but can't record or pause Live TV). I've looked at previous threads on this sort of issue but most seem to be about connecting the STB.

I know that my TV recognises the STB, but all that happens is a screen to sign up to BT Sport 1.  Even when I click the OK button, the next screen asks me to sign up to Netflix. I don't want either of these. It does allow me to watch the AMC channel though!

Any ideas how I can get the box simply to display the main Freeview channels like it has done on the old TV for the past couple of years?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full TV listings not displayed on new LG smart TV

Go to solution

@Les_S 

Just how is all this connected?

It should be aerial into RF IN on the Youview box and then a short aerial cable from RF OUT on the Youview box to the aerial in on the TV.

In the settings on the Youview box you need to set Antenna Out to ON in Picture & Sound.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Yup, it's all wired up correctly and 'Antenna Out' is set to 'On'. Any other suggestions?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Les_S 

as you have checked the rf-out I assume you can get into Settings on the BT TV box. Can you select TV Channels (under Signal & Connection). That should give a number for TV Channels and Subscription Channels. What values do you currently see.

you mention that the Tv recognises the STB  (BT Tv)   but you seem to be seeing a signup screen. What happens when you press the Guide key on your BT TV remote ? Does the Guide load and if so what channel number does the guide show on its opening screen , also if you then press 1 on the remote the guide should go to the  first channel which hopefully is channel 1 , if not what channel number does the guide show at the top.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, @zulu17 

The guide loaded ok, but only showed me channel 332 (AMC) and then the 11 BT Sports channels. In settings, I have 0 TV Aerial Channels and 13 Subscription Channels. 

Whilst in settings, I saw the option to re-tune. Although I’d done it several times before, I tried again and got 147 Aerial Channels. The box is now looking good, including access to recordings I’d done previously.

I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Thank you so much.