cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

HGTV Not working

Go to solution

I'm not sure if its just me or if anyone else is having issues with the HGTV channel 43.

The channel shows up in my TV guide and shows me what is on/due to be on, but when i go to watch/record a programmes it fails. If i try and select the channel i just get a blank screen. If i try and record something it fails to record. 

My BT box is up to date. If i try and watch HGTV going through my tv itself, the channel works fine. It just doesn't work when trying to watch/record going through BT TV.

It is doing my head in and not sure what to do as there are some good programmes i am missing.

Anyone else had the problem and got it resolved, or is there anyone else out there who is experiencing the same issue.

Everytime i call BT with a BT box problem they keep rebooting the box which wipes all my programmes that are set to record.

Thanks in advance. 

Tags (5)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: HGTV Not working

Go to solution

HGTV is a Freeview channel. Have you checked the signal quality in settings?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

No issues with Signal, plus all other freeview channels work fine  @DarrenK98 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

So you have a good signal on the channel but get a blank screen? Just checked and HGTV is working fine for me so not sure what the issue may be.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

The channel works fine if i watch it via the tv's built in freeview but not if i watch/record via BT TV - strange

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I have just retuned the bt box and the channel is now working. I had done this before so not sure why it now works. The thing i have noticed is the amount of channel i had before has now dropped by about 30 which is worrying.....

0 Ratings