cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Hiding Channels

Go to solution

Just bought a BT YouView box and followed the instructions to hide the channels that I do not want yet it seems the only place they are hidden is in the guide as when I channel hop up comes the channels I do not want to see, mostly +1 and kids and adult. 
So what on earth have I missed?

Bought this to replace my old and faithful Humax which was simplicity itself to delete, not hide, the channels I did not want. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Hiding Channels

Go to solution

@MrFraggle 

Are you a BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

No I am not.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@MrFraggle wrote:

No I am not.

This board is for BT Broadband customers who have a BT Youview subscription.

What you have is just a retail BT Branded YouView box which will get its configuration from whichever ISP you are with, provided they are YouView partners.

Its possible you will not get any software updates to the interface, so you may be better asking on the public YouView board. https://community.youview.com/youview/discussions

As this is technically a BT Device, I will move this thread to the devices board.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, I did get an update when I first configured the box this afternoon.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@MrFraggle wrote:

Thanks, I did get an update when I first configured the box this afternoon.

Possible the standard software update from Humax.

Depending on which ISP you use, the branding will change to match their service.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @MrFraggle 

Other that Adult channels , Youview only offers the Edit Channels option within the main Youview guide (EPG)  that allows you to select those channels you wish to hide from the main Guide. The channels edited out of the main guide are still there and accessible on the box  and will show in the miniguide views, when you access the channel numbers directly, and when you navigate up and down between channels. 

Adult channels are normally automatically hidden on new Youview boxes and would not be showing in the guide or accessible. If you are seeing the adult channels then they can be set to be hidden again   within the Youview > Settings > Parental Controls > Restrict Rated Programmes > Control Channels > Adult Channels & Categories  - set to Hide.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

What on earth is the point of only hiding them in the guide, I had 188 channels hidden yet they are still there when I am scrolling for a channel?

Fortunately I bought it from Amazon so it will ge returned tomor5ow and I will get another Humax.

Thanks all.

0 Ratings