cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: How do you reset BT Pro Box and Turn off telly

A long press of the power button on the TV remote for an Android TV brings up the hard restart popup shown here.
A long press (1.5 seconds) of the power button on the BT TV Box Pro remote should send a single "standby" control to the TV, but holding it even longer will then trigger the long press of the TV, causing that prompt.

So ... silly question, but have you tried long pressing, but not TOO long? i.e. play around with how long you hold the button for. There should hopefully be a middle ground where it achieves the desired effect.

Message 12 of 15

@DarrenDev 

I have to say that I find this all an unbelievably stupid design feature.

Maybe BT should provide a stopwatch with the remote so users can get it right.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Thanks Darren yes that has worked. If you hold the button for 2 seconds, nothing seems to initially happen but then it does put TV into standby, I guess becuase this is bluetooth going through the BT Box first. If you hold it for 3-4 seconds it does  hard turn off off the TV which is annoying. So i guess its jsut something you will get used to

I am surprised they don't make this clearer in the instruction manual, as otherwise how would you know!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

I think it's more likely that they just hadn't considered Android TV.
For any other TV type, holding the standby button slightly too long wouldn't cause any ill effects.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

The problem if you can call it that also happens with BT Sky remote. Too long and the reset button appears. I count to three and it is just long enough to switch everything off.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings