cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

How to change data rate on Home Hub router?

I have recently added a second phone line to our house, one is with Sky and the new one with BT. I am getting 1Mbps upload speeds on the Sky line and BT advertised my broadband package as speeds of up to 1Mbps.

The line went active yesterday however, I seem to be throttled around 400kbps upload which is causing me an issue on video calls. It looks the the data rate has been configured to restrict speeds - however, support are just telling me they can do nothing around upload speeds.

Snip.PNG

Has anyone been able to change these settings - especially when it's below the value quoted in their package.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to change data rate on Home Hub router?

@Magmata 

You cannot change them yourself as you have been put on a G.992.1  connection instead of G992.5. That may be because your local BT Exchange does not support it, or its been decided that you would not get a better speed.

Sky use their equipment in the exchange.

To see what speeds are available to you, please enter your phone number into this form, and display the results here, omitting your phone number.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If it shows that ADSL2+ is available, then help can be offered to regrade your connection.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Capture2.PNGThanks Keith - here's the info.

bb1.PNG

I guess what I need to weigh up is if there is a mistake or config error - vs it's just not possible and I was mis-sold the "dream" of 1Mbps ;o)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The ADSL info is not really clear, however your max data rate on upload is showing as 1180, so I would say that your line has been mis-configured. Its also possible that the info on the database is not correct.

As it would appear that you can get ADSL2+, I will ask for some assistance.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.
Please bear in mind that with the current crisis, it could take longer for one of them to deal with your request.

Message 5 of 8

Magmata_0-1597746626572.png

This one is based on my address vs phone number.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Magmata wrote:

Magmata_0-1597746626572.png

This one is based on my address vs phone number.

That makes more sense, I guess the ADSL info on the database had not been updated for your phone number.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Magmata,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear that you are getting speeds slower than you were expecting. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so we can check to see if there is anything we can do to improve these speeds.

Thanks

Mat