cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Hub Resetting every night - CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 2 PERIODIC

Since the Hub 5 got updated firmware the connected has been dropping every night - seamingly whilst it does some periodic update:

Screenshot_052118_092001_PM

As you can see from the TR069 filter ....it seams to be running a periodic even. At this time most people are asleep - however I'm usually deilvering training session virtually to customers.

Screenshot_052118_091918_PM

I assumed this should not "drop" my connection...but if does!

Thanks for any feedback.

I cant see any place to "Stop it". Any suggestions????

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hub Resetting every night - CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 2 PERIODIC

Have you tried a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on the back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash  this may help allow the new firmware to install correctly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Hub Resetting every night - CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 2 PERIODIC

Failing that, ditching the hub and getting a third party VDSL modem/router 100% guarantees to resolve the problem, BT can't tinker with third party routers!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the reply. 

I'll try the factory reset first. 

In preparation - whats the replacement is in the lead?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

a lot depends what you want to do and how much you want to spend  the popular choice is tplink 9970 at about £30/35

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings