cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

I need to contact customer services as I have decided to remain with BT

Go to solution

Hi

Last week I decided to leave BT and switch to an alternative provider, now with the current pandemic I have decided to remain with BT. I need to notify cusomer services by the 31st March but have been unable to get through on the phone as it keep cutting off after I have been on hold for 29 minutes.  I am worried my broadband will be terminated and the other provider will not be able to come out and hence I will be left without any services. I have my dad who is 85 living with me now so need to stay connected. Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: I need to contact customer services as I have decided to remain with BT

Go to solution

did you place an order with a new ISP to take over your broadband/phone package?  if have you contacted your new ISP to cancel?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

If you've asked another provider to take over the line, it's the new provider you need to contact, once they cancel the takeover/transfer, you'll remain with BT.
BT can only step in and stop a transfer if the gaining provider has failed to cancel your order after being requested to.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for the responses.

Yes the 'new' provider will be Sky. Unfortunately I have been unable to get through to them. I received a letter from BT telling me that if i changed my mind I had until the 31st to notify them but again I can't get through to BT either

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@waseem1127wrote:

Thanks for the responses.

Yes the 'new' provider will be Sky. Unfortunately I have been unable to get through to them. I received a letter from BT telling me that if i changed my mind I had until the 31st to notify them but again I can't get through to BT either

Are Sky retaining the number you have with BT or are Sky giving you a new telephone number ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

No Sky are retaining the same number

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

@waseem1127wrote:

No Sky are retaining the same number

Then you will need to contact Sky to cancel, your order is a transfer (same number retained) and BT would need to submit an unfair trading form to stop Sky.
If you were getting a new number from Sky, that would be a takeover, a takeover is something BT can stop.

Speak to Sky ASAP, you're so close to the point of no return as weekends don't count, even if you have to queue with Sky for a couple of hours.
Once done speak with BT on Monday to confirm the gaining provider (Sky) have stopped the order.

Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks Richie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Richie

Amazingly I got through to Sky within 5 minutes. I have cancelled my order and they said they will contact BT but advised I do too. Any idea how I can reach BT customer services? Each time I have called (over 10 times) I get cut off at 29 minutes...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

BT systems won't update until Monday, the number is 0800 800 150 and they are open 8am until 9pm.
I'd advise ringing then, putting it on loud speaker and wait for it to connect, the get confirmation Sky have cancelled.

0 Ratings