cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Installation of Fibre Optic

My install date is 15thOctober 21,there are two engineers vans across the street from my address I can’t understand why I’ve been asked to wait until 15th Oct. Everyone in this household has been double vaccinated and nobody has covid or caught covid. It’s ridiculous,I’m tempted to cancel the order and move elsewhere.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Installation of Fibre Optic

It will still be the same Openreach engineers whichever supplier you go with. It is not BT that install the fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Yes but isn’t Openreach part of the BT Group.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

In the same way that B&Q and Screwfix are part of the Kingfisher group.

BT have no more influence on Openreach than any other ISP

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @whizzy456 Openreach is part of the BT group but operates as an independent business with its own board. BT consumer have no enhanced access to Openreach services and we're treated the same as all the other providers who use their network. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

You are aware there are other people ordering apart from you, just because there are engineers in the area doesn't mean they can they'll have other jobs to do as well. Very first world problem'esque issue IMO

Message 7 of 9

@whizzy456  You are making an assumption that the engineers in those vans are FTTP install trained and are carrying the necessary equipment to do your install.

There is more to FTTP than just ordering and installing the equipment ( not to mention jumping the queue of others awaiting thier install). The connection for your FTTP to the CBT (Connectorised  Block Terminal) has to be allocated and made live. The access to the network and profile also has to be built (albeit via software).

Openreach have a minimum 2 week lead time for all this before the install. There are no shortcuts. Just be happy that you are getting it.

Message 8 of 9

You don’t say when you raised the order to get a date of 15/10/21 but you can be confident that if you cancel with BT and order with someone else , the date you get will be later than that, the current proximity of some Openreach engineers is irrelevant, if they are installing into a neighbouring property , the chances are that your neighbour ordered their service a week or two earlier.
The lead time between ordering and installation has nothing to do with your Covid vaccination status.
Message 9 of 9

15th October. You do realise it’s the 08th so it’s literally next Friday!

What happened to the World?!?!

0 Ratings