cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Is initial fibre broadband installation limited to BT Only?

Openreach engineers were in our area some 7 weeks ago installing FTTP into the local cabinets, but no connections into the properties . Since then we have heard nothing, no email notification that FTTP is available.

I have just ckecked with BT Retail and see that I can order Full Fibre.

JetLag_0-1605346687324.png

I have checked with other providers and all indicate that fibre broadband is not available in my area, but they will notify me when available!

Am I limited to buying from BT now or will I have to wait until they open the network to other providers?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is initial fibre broadband installation limited to BT Only?

The network is available to all providers, however, many choose not to supply FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

The Openreach FTTP Network is open to any ISP that wants it. Openreach are a ‘Wholesaler’, not a Provider.

If you checked their web site it clearly states which ISP’s sell FTTP via their Network.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttp-providers

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Yes, checked that but only BT acknowledge that I am able to get fibre and give quote. All other providers insist that they can only supply regular broadband, not fibre🤔

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@JetLagwrote:

Yes, checked that but only BT acknowledge that I am able to get fibre and give quote. All other providers insist that they can only supply regular broadband, not fibre🤔

The reason for that is simple, Most of the major isp's whinge and moan about BT/openreach fttp, and unfair advantage etc,  yet they simply have chosen not to offer to re-sell the product to their customers, so whose fault is that?