cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Land line can not receive incoming calls but can make out going calls on the correct number

Hello,

Has anyone else had this landline fault and how did it get fixed?

My line was migrated to BT on 25th Jan 2021.

Since this date I have not been able to receive land line calls when testing this from my mobile phone. When I contact my landline from my mobile, I get the message “ You’ve dialed an incorrect number, please check the number and try again”, and my land line does not ring.

When I phone my mobile from my landline, my mobile displays the correct number and the call can be picked up. My landline can call out on the correct number, but does not receive calls back made with that same number. I also tried dialing my landline from my mobile and at the same time picking up my landline, just to see if this was a bell error, but this made no difference.

The fault was raised. An Openreach technician visited on the 2nd February, who found nothing physically wrong with the line, and said that he was going to report this as a porting fault. This seemed reasonable correlation , as the fault with the line occurred on the transition from Sky to BT, not part way into contract.

I have had no feedback from BT or Openreach on how this is progressing, despite having an overdue fault repair date, and a customer complaint filed to BT which is yet to be read.

I also contacted BT customer support by phone after this who could tell me nothing on how this fix is progressing.

Based on this symptom, which responsible organisation and department do I need to contact to get advise on when this is going to be fixed? Is this between BT, Openreach, or another organisation?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Gav

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Land line can not receive incoming calls but can make out going calls on the correct number

There was a similar post not that long ago and also transfer from SKY to BT and it was the porting that was the problem.  Need to phone CS 150 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: Land line can not receive incoming calls but can make out going calls on the correct number

Hi, thanks for the note. I have called customer services at BT on this a couple of time already, and BT replied with "I don't know, it may be a couple of days or so especially in the current situation". I was hoping to ascertain a more direct line to the department who knows what the timescale and problem is opposed to guesswork.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Gavin_W  welcome to the forum and sorry you are not getting your incoming calls.

It does sound like this needs to be raised to the number port team. Would you log in to your online account and check if the fault with the landline still open? and let us know.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I've had this same problem since moving from Virgin at the start of December last year.  Still not working.  Called BT 6 or 7 times now and they seem unable to do anything.  So, i gave up and on Monday this week had a another mammoth  phone call with them and asked if i could just get a new number.  I was assured that they could do this easily and within 24 hoursNeedless to say it is still not working.  And again, despite them saying that it had taken far too long so far and as such they would take special care of my case and check that it was fixed once and for all and get back to me i have heard nothing.  MyBT now says that they believe it to be fixed and to get in touch if not - I despair to be honest with you 😪

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hello @JohnC2 , thanks for the note.

I just checked;

• The fault is still open in my account.
  • The complaint hasn't been read
  • The fault is still physically present
  • My direct debit has been taken

The Openreach technician who visited on the 2nd said he did raise this with the number port people. However getting accurate feedback from BT thus far has been impossible.

Cheers

Gav

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Gavin_W,  thanks for checking that for me. The fault still open is a good sign. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings