cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Landline number lost between Shell Energy and NowTV

Go to solution

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

My wife and I have had a BT telephone number for in excess of 15 was due to move from NowTV to Shell Energy 21st July 2020,  on receiving the new account information from Shell21st July 2020 it stated a number which was not mine. I called shell who informed me that they hadn't requested that my number be ported from NowTV, Shell informed me that they couldn't assist and that I should contact NowTV to see if they could take action. As I was still in the cooling off period of 14 days I cancelled my contract with Shell.

I spoke to NowTV and was initially told that they could have me back up and running by Thursday which was yesterday, as my broadband wasn't functioning I decided to check my phone which had a dial tone but the number had changed. Having spoken to NowTV this morning I have been informed that my number has been released back to NT/Openreach.

My question is, as this was a BT number is there anyway I can get his number back by switching back to BT, my wife is a health practitioner and as the mobile service isn't great where we live she makes use of WiFi calling and when that isn't available the landline is used by her colleagues to make contact with her.

Any help would be appreciated to try and resolve this matter.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Landline number lost between Shell Energy and NowTV

Go to solution

If the number was originally allocated by BT, and the address hasn’t changed, then BT could  get the number back , but it’s not instantaneous, and no absolute guarantee of success ( but usually there isn't a problem ) , but to start the ball rolling you need to engage BT as your provider, any old number will be initially allocated, when in and working, a renumber order to get the required number back is required, and Moderator help from here may be offered to manage that renumber , but you need to be a BT customer first.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for your swift response Iniltous.

I have now commenced the process of moving back to BT, I have an activation date of 08 Aug 2020.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi,

Had the new line activated today, what's the process now do I need to contact a moderator or do I need someone to notify them on my behalf?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

as @iniltous posted the mods may help but you need to try phoning customer services 150 and see if they can help you get your number back. If after trying CS and failing then post back and we can see if mods are able to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings