cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Leaving BT and keeping basic email

Hi, I am leaving BT. Can I keep my email address without paying for premium. I thought it was possible to just have the basic web browser version for free. How do I do this?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Leaving BT and keeping basic email

Yes, your email address will be downgraded to a web access only basic account when you leave. You should be given the option of either paying for Premium mail or basic mail when you leave.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I contacted BT today and been told this is not an option.

xxxx at 12:36, Jun 22:
i only use webmail anyway, don't need premium. Didn't even know I had it
xxxx at 12:38, Jun 22:
I thought this was an option
xxxxx at 12:38, Jun 22:
https://www.bt.com/broadband/extras/chooseemailtype1
bt at 12:40, Jun 22:
No, unfortunately not.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

When you leave BT you will be given the option of retaining your email address as a Premium or Basic account.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Yes i read that but that's not what I was just told in a chat. (as posted earlier).
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

you have to leave first and get email confirming leaving and get email option

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@imjolli
Just to clarify.
You call BT, and tell them you want to leave.
Are you saying they will not proceed until they have sent you an email and you confirm by reply that you do actually want to leave. At that point you also get the e-mail option?
Or you have told them you want to leave and they then send you a mail with options re your mail account?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

As far as I'm aware, you don't get the email options until you have actually left. It's fairly academic anyway as nothing happens straight away and the default is for the address to revert to the basic option unless you indicate you wish to pay £7.50/m for premium mail.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

"When you cease broadband with us but wish to keep your email service and don’t wish to pay for it. This can only be done at the time of placing the broadband cease order"

0 Ratings