cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Leaving BT and old BT Yahoo email migration to Premium?

Go to solution

Hi,

With the recent price increase and the fact that I am now paying nearly twice the price for new customers for BB, I am probably leaving BT after decades. Initial talk to retentions today was fruitless and they only talked about paying MORE!

The question is; if I have an original BT Yahoo email address, can this be migrated to the BT Premium email when I leave? This way I can slowly manage the migration to my new email address and then cancel after, say, 6 months.

I ask the question as the old BT Yahoo mail does not even allow mail forwarding!

Anyone had any experiences?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Leaving BT and old BT Yahoo email migration to Premium?

Go to solution

Premium email is just a marketing name, nothing changes with regard to your email account except that you have to pay for it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@stewartvwrote:

Hi,

With the recent price increase and the fact that I am now paying nearly twice the price for new customers for BB, I am probably leaving BT after decades. Initial talk to retentions today was fruitless and they only talked about paying MORE!

The question is; if I have an original BT Yahoo email address, can this be migrated to the BT Premium email when I leave? This way I can slowly manage the migration to my new email address and then cancel after, say, 6 months.

I ask the question as the old BT Yahoo mail does not even allow mail forwarding!

Anyone had any experiences?

Hi.

What will not happen is the account moving to BTMail - which may be what you were hoping.

Virtually all email systems allow for fetching of other email accounts, so there will be no need to have forwarding.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

When you leave BT you will be offered the option to retain your email address by opting for BT Premium email. You just need to follow the prompts.

If you have a BTYahoo email address it will stay on BTYahoo email system if you go for the Premium Email. As has been pointed out, there is nothing premium about it. It is exactly the same email account as you have now and nothing changes except the price.

You can cancel the Premium email account at any time by giving BT 30 days notice.

See link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-can-i-get-it...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks to all for clarification.
0 Ratings