cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 41

Re: Line profiles still not improved 3 weeks after the power outrages & storm

@imjollywrote:

are you still finding you are dropping internet connection ( hub IP changing) and that is causing the speed to stay at 288?  If so then phone CS 03301234150 and report line fault not broadband

Like me, @barnettgs is deaf and unable to use the phone! Yes, it makes life difficult but until a Mod joins the topic and volunteers to help, as they have done in the past.

However, if you log on to MyBT and navigate your way to :

Report and track your BT problem | BT Help

Assuming you have a mobile 'phone.

Text us

Text PHONE to 61998 (charges may apply at your standard rate).

• We’ll run tests on your connection to find out what’s going on.
  • If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 minutes to book a slot.
  • If you don’t need an engineer, our brilliant UK and Ireland based team will call you within 30 minutes to help solve your issue.

Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm

Weekends and bank holidays 8am - 8pm

Hopefully, they won't need to call you! When/if they text, I always mention I am deaf!

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 41

@Carlusha 

It would help if @barnettgs could post the information I asked for and then take it from there.  If dropping connection then needs engineer visit but if stable then stuck in banded profile and mods can help with that

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 23 of 41

I have two accounts so not sure which one is tied to my mobile number but I tried BT Troubleshooter online and it did not find a fault on my 2nd line.

So I think it could be a struck profile so I would like to see it reset if there is no fault on the line.  1st line is doing fine while 2nd line doesn't yet both lines had the same power outages a month ago.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 41

@barnettgs 

previously you posted that the IP address of the troublesome hub kept changing and that is due to your internet connection dropping.  the question is that still happening as that is a line fault and needs fixed before any profile reset otherwise with drops continuing the speed will be back banded in no time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 41

The thing is that there was a power outage again a couple of days ago and I was away for a couple of days last week so I decided not to continue recording the ip.

I just feel I can't be bothered to deal with this issue continually especially after one month has been passed.  I'm paying a £60+ a month for what is an essentially broadband services only and the engineer did turn up but it was still not fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 41

After a total of 4 engineers visit (Having had 2 engineers visit last week) and I still get this:

Screenshot 2023-08-16 122231.png

See that it is only 4 minutes, I only saw that after I logged in the router so that means the connection has been dropped itself.

BT advisors on the phone told me that they (also the engineers) did the test on the line and found nothing wrong with my line, they think it is inside my property!

How that can be?  My router is connected directly to the master socket next to it and still doing poorly. 

All I know is it just happened after the storm back in early July! It has been fine for years prior to that and nothing inside the property has been changed! Can I make this any more clearer?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 41

are you still using the test socket?  from your last stats the down attainable is only 348kbps suggesting a line fault.

is it possible to get some assistance to check if you have a dial tone and if so line is silent

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 41

We do not have any telephone. If BT engineer onsite did a test on the line (a few times) using their own equipment and found no fault. What are the odds of us finding a fault if there is anyone checking just the dial tone alone?

I have just removed the master socket but to be honest, the front plate is working fine and we get more or less the same connection issues, whether it is a test socket or not.

I just did the BT Troubleshooter online minutes ago to test my line and told me to wait a few minutes for 'my hub' to restart and after that, I logged into the router to find the speed is near normal although the uploads speed is quite far off from what it should normally be (around 1000 kbps) so the line is probably not 100% what it should be. I suspect that if BT engineers can't find what is wrong with the line then I will consider it a 'dead' line and I would want to request a termination of my contract based on it because it is unusable.  It would be a nightmare, had I owned one line that happens to be problematic. Just not worth the hassle of trying to get it fixed if the previous 4 engineers could not get it fixed?

Here is the latest stats just after doing the BT Troubleshooter using the test socket (however it was the same with front plate after the troubleshooter before removing it prior to checking the stats).

Screenshot 2023-08-16 135943.png

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 41

if that is same line which had the 348kbps then connecting to test socket has made big improvement as now at 2.85mb and potential to go up to 3.3mb.  with stable connection your speed should start to move nearer attainable

the reason to check for dial tone is the phone needs both wires connected to work whereas broadband can work with only 1 wire connected but it usually is very slow

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 41

Checked this morning @ 912am, here's the stats, you can see the speed has dropped:

Screenshot 2023-08-17 091243.png

Then again this evening @ 749pm, it seemed to have disconnected itself a few hours ago and dropped to very low:

Screenshot 2023-08-17 194911.png

Notice the SNR Margin especially the downstream, it is more or less the same despite the huge speed drop. 

So what I was saying that every time the engineer comes and think he/she has fixed it then the same problem came back a day or two later.

0 Ratings