cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Message about Rules

Go to solution

I set up a new rule on my BT Internet email recently, since when I have been plagued with an orange banner on my inbox screen reading "The Rules for your incoming email messages were changed on Mon Nov 22 2021 18:17:02. To change these go to Settings>Mail>Rules or for help visit https://www.bt.com/secure."  

How do I get rid of this banner permanently?  It appears every time I log on to email.  I know the rules were changed - I changed them myself.  I don't want to change them again, so why should I go to settings?  If anyone knows how to get rid of this intrusive I would be very glad to hear from them!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Message about Rules

Go to solution

It is to notify the account holder that a rule has been set up. It is to alert the user per chance the account has been hacked and the rule set up by a hacker.

If auto-forward is switched on, BT will display a banner on webmail.  User can dismiss the banner by clicking the cross, if they don't dismiss the banner then it will automatically disappear after 5 minutes.

When you next login the banner will re-appear so any hackers can’t just dismiss the banner.  BT will continue to display it for a few days after the auto-forward is switched on.

A similar banner will also be displayed if a new rule or auto-reply is set up.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Message about Rules

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.  I look forward to it disappearing in a few days.  

0 Ratings