cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Mix AC types of whole home discs

Can i add an AC 2700 disc to my AC1200 whole home disc?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Mix AC types of whole home discs

Hi @notherner67 welcome to the community, no sorry that's not possible as the Whole Home wifi discs are not compatible with each other. You can add further discs but they have to be the same type.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your reply, do you know how to confirm which speed my current discs are, I have thrown the box and cannot connect via my whole home app. 

I am guessing they are AC1200 as they a  few years old

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi northerner67,

Please take a look here - https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/What-disc-do-I-have-BT-Complete-Wi-Fi-or-BT-Whole-Home-Mini/

• Mini Whole Home Wi-Fi - AC1200
  • Whole Home Wi-Fi - AC2600
  • Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi - AX3700

Many Thanks

Darren_B

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi @northerner67 no problem at all, I'm happy to help, may I ask why can't you connect via the app?

There are three different types and they look slightly different, the BT Shop has pictures that you can compare. There are mini discs (AC1200) but it should tell you on the back sticker if you have them, the originals which are AC2600 the then the Premium discs, these have two ethernet ports. I hope that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Im not sure but i am connected to the whole home wifi and the app says error code setup 012
It loops on the first discovery set up.
I am currently only have 1 disc operational. I t was my main disc that has failed and have plugged my secondary into the hub which is working.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I have smart hub 2, I have same problem on setting up with error 012 Did you get a fix? I'm stumped 

tks

0 Ratings