cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Mobile sim card order I did not place

Hi 

Has anyone had email notification of an order they did not place?

Yesterday I upgraded my broadband - which went very well and I got the usual email notification.

Then about an hour later I got another email saying I had placed an order for a sim card.

Then I got a phone call from BT saying it was a mistake and it would be cancelled.

Today I got another email to say the sim card had been dispatched.

I have no written (email) confirmation from BT to say it was a mistake and I will not get billed.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Ta 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mobile sim card order I did not place

I would check on your MyBT which should, in theory at least, show you what is taking place together with any corrections.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Carlusha

Thanks for your help

Had a look there are two orders one for my broadband upgrade which I did order and one for the sim card which I did not. The smart hub 2 for the upgrade has can be tracked to a post office hub in Yorkshire  but seems to  have been there since midnight. The sim card says it wont be delivered until the 26th Monday even though the email said they would be billing me for the service from today.

It all seems strange for BT who have always provided a very quick service in the past.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I had exactly the same problem when I renewed my broadband contract over 18 months ago now, I received a data only sim.
I rang CS on 0800 800 150 and returned the unwanted SIM to them, it's still down on my account as having been supplied but I'm not getting charged for it 

0 Ratings