cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Move DSL cable.

Go to solution

When the open reach engineer did our original install he drilled a hole through our double g!azing window to connect to the open reach mk2 socket. We're now looking to replace the window so do I contact open reach or BT to arrange for this to be changed.

I'm guessing I'll be charged for this but this seems unfair as this now seems to be a bit of a bodge job as I'm not sure why they didn't drill through the wall to get the cable inside.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Move DSL cable.

Go to solution

Are BT your provider , or do you pay someone else for line rental ?
In the past , bringing the cable through a window frame was acceptable, but isn’t anymore, but obviously if you were not changing the window there wouldn’t any need for Openreach to move the wiring, so because it’s your actions that need the cable moving it almost certainly will be chargeable .

OR cannot bill you directly for moving the wire , and you cannot contact them , so you need to arrange this work with whoever you pay for your service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

You could also consider looking at the local paper for a telecom engineer ( not electrician ) as they are normally ex openreach and get it done cheaper

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Yes  with BT

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Looking at £125 for local engineer so about the same. ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Found a local enginner, all done ta.
0 Ratings