cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 461 of 781

Re: New BT Mail Layout

A real shame.
I don't use the "app", but the PC version does allow more than one BT address to be used, you just choose which one to log into
By the sounds of it, it's something else that's been overlooked
0 Ratings
Message 462 of 781

Re: New BT Mail Layout

Sorry to hear that. Passwords and the other layers of security are a pain, but the downside of the Internet is that it is open to all, crooks as well.
You ask how many passwords I have, and at a rough check, I have in a spreadsheet, well over 300 websites requiring passwords, first pet etc., so probably as many passwords. I change them once a year routinely, on birthday. A very competent IT man got me into using "non-words". But I couldn't manage them without the spreadsheet with it's own master password, backed up on a flash drive, just in case. It pees me off, but that's the way it is. The advantages far out-way the disadvantages. There are other methods, like fingerprints, but after a day in the garden, that wouldn't work
Message 463 of 781

New BT email page changes

I have used the B.T webmail service for quite a long time and have found the new changes as very poor. The previous text pages where clearer and very easy to read and follow. What is the reason for this quite radical alteration?

It feels almost "flaky " in comparison to the original. The old saying "If it ain`t broke don`t try and fix it" comes to mind.

Message 464 of 781

Re: New BT email page changes

@Kipper1946 wrote:

The old saying "If it ain`t broke don`t try and fix it" comes to mind.

Another saying comes to my mind: "Use the right tool for the job."

Going to webmail is a bog standard way of handling email; an email client such as Thunderbird is more user-friendly, more efficient and more secure.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 465 of 781

Setting up a mail handler is sometimes a step too far for many users especially if have to wade through settings like IMAP, POP etc.
However, Outlook 2010 guided me through quite nicely, and apart from the occasional hiccup with Hotmail, has worked well for many years. As you say, easy to use and manage, secure and oblivious to whatever changes BT make
Message 466 of 781

I did think about trying Thunderbird but I thought it may have been discontinued by now.
0 Ratings
Message 467 of 781

Typically, I clicked on the very pale thumbs up icon - but no indication that anything was sent.
Message 468 of 781

@Henry65 wrote:
Typically, I clicked on the very pale thumbs up icon - but no indication that anything was sent.

What "pale thumbs up icon" are you referring to? Is it the ratings one in the message in this forum?

0 Ratings
Message 469 of 781

@Kipper1946 wrote:
I did think about trying Thunderbird but I thought it may have been discontinued by now.

Certainly not.

0 Ratings
Message 470 of 781

Hi Henry, as soon as you click on the pale thumbs up icon at the bottom of someone's post you should see the numbers in the box at the right of the thumbs up increase by 1.

However, for this to work you need to be logged in to to the forum.

I've just clicked on yours and you will now see ' 1 Rating ' in the box.

I'm not too sure if you also have to have made a certain number of posts before being able to add Kudos, others my be along to clarify this.

Hope this helps.