cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

New Unlimited Calls plan = September 2020

Are additional costs applied to a call (new unlimited calls plan) if the call exceeds 60 minutes?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: New Unlimited Calls plan = September 2020

You will be charged per minute over and above the 60 minute call. (You can end the call and redial before the initial 60 mins is over).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

@Will999wrote:

Are additional costs applied to a call (new unlimited calls plan) if the call exceeds 60 minutes?

The new unlimited call plans have no 1 hour limit, you don't have to hang up and redial.

I think @Ribblelancs is confusing the old calling plans which do have a 1 hour limit.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

According to the help pages, it’s up to 60 mins for calls to 01, etc,  numbers.

(That’s for the anytime 500 plan). Go to My Bt help pages for details.

In my opinion it’s good value, as a light user, especially if you have a mobile with unlimited calls. The weakness in the mobile can be the variable indoor reception in some areas, and you may need WiFi Calling enabled.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@Ribblelancs 

Pay as you go

There’s no need to pay for calls if you don’t really use your home phone. Calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles cost 20p a minute, day or night.

500 minutes

Get 500 minutes a month for calls to any UK landline or UK Mobile. You can make calls day or night** and there's no limit on call duration.

Unlimited minutes

Make unlimited calls to any UK landlines or UK mobiles**, any time of the day. Call length is not restricted, so you can talk as long as you want.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Bit confused with the different interpretations in the replies but thanks for responding - truly hope there is no limit as it is easy to slip over 60 minutes sometimes.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Then perhaps My Bt help pages are not updated to current standards....not good BT!

I signed up to the 500 minute call package on 24th June, last. I was in a hurry as somehow was  paying for all calls as charges for weekend calls had been reintroduced.

Help pages definitely say 60 mins call duration. Must admit it’s academic, as I never exceed more than 30 mins or so. I use a Bt mobile, unlimited, but only limited data, and also a separate provider for an older mobile on  PAYG, 1000 minutes free calls, but limited data, which is impossible to exceed.

Sometimes I have to go out with both mobile handsets as signal is variable here.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@Ribblelancswrote:

According to the help pages, it’s up to 60 mins for calls to 01, etc,  numbers.

The Tariff Guide has a list of the terms for the new plans, also lists the old plans no longer sold.
The old plans state the first hour is inclusive, the new plans don't because it no longer applies.

Anyone on the new unlimited minutes, 500 minutes/700 minutes has no 1 hour limit, any other plans do.

Message 9 of 10

Strange: an update came through on iOS , mobile and iPad yesterday. Somehow thought the My Bt app was the state of the art. Good news anyway, that there’s no 60 minute time limit.

Can still call USA from the landline at a very reduced rate, as that part of the package is retained.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I was told two days ago that all calls to landline and mobiles are free with no time limit. The hour thing has gone. Only call charges that still apply are as before , to 0870,0844 118 numbers.
0 Ratings