cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

No Valid IP config

Hello, I know from looking around that this has been asked before but none of the offered fixes are working for me. Have scoured the web too but still no joy.

Situation: Desktop worked perfectly last week, all other devices untroubled and still connected, desktop now unable to connect via wifi or ethernet and I get a 'no valid IP' message.

I have tried (restarting between every attempted resolution): updating drivers,, uninstalling drivers, forgetting connections turning off powerline and going straight to the hub's wifi, replacing wifi card, flushing/renewing DNS, removing all instances of the desktop/mac address in hub's admin page address table, restarting the hub, setting static DNS in the windows TCP/IPv4 settings panel and everything else besides. The problem also exists in Ubuntu which is held on separate SSD in Desktop. So, any clues?

I understand the only option left may be to reset the hub? Massive pain as it means resetting P/W and settings to all devices. If anyone has a clue, do let me know.

Thanks.

J

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: No Valid IP config

Does seem odd that it is only one device with the problem, the one thing you don't appear to have tried is a direct Ethernet connection to the hub.

Not sure why you need to reset passwords and settings on all devices, just change the settings and password on the hub afterwards.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Liquorice.

Not going to try direct ethernet connection - lazy and can't be bothered to unplug Dtop and move it all downstairs etc etc.

I don't re-use P/W and set my own SSID name and strong PW/security so will mean signing in again with each and every device but if there's nothing else for it............

Appreciate your time.

J

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@AndroidMancave wrote:

Thanks Liquorice.

Not going to try direct ethernet connection - lazy and can't be bothered to unplug Dtop and move it all downstairs etc etc.

I don't re-use P/W and set my own SSID name and strong PW/security so will mean signing in again with each and every device but if there's nothing else for it............

Appreciate your time.

J

Sorry, am I missing something here. Password and SSID are value x at the moment, you reset the hub and they become value y, all you need to do is change the hub back to value x and you are back where you started.

Message 5 of 5

Yes, right I am sure.

Nothing to lose. Thanks.

0 Ratings