cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

No free ports into the green cabinet. What to do next?

More than 1 month ago I discovered that my neighbour's provider had taken over my line due to an address error.

I communicated everything to BT and on February 5th and they told me to call back after 5 working days to be able to place a new order.

I called them back after 6 working days and they told me that the address wasn't added yet.

So I contacted Openreach in person and asked to add the address urgently.

Finally on February 13th I placed the order with BT.

My go live date was the 24th of February with the engineer visit  booked between 8am and 1pm.

I waited all day in the house, but nothing.

I contacted BT the same day and they told me that for sure I would have internet by midnight.

The next day still nothing. I called BT back and they told me the same thing they had told me the day before.

On the 25th I filed a complaint and since then I have received 3 or 4 calls from BT: each time I was told a different thing, namely that the work would be done within 40 hours / 2 days / 25 hours, etc, as it was booked the appointment with a specialized engineer from Openreach who has to add a port in the green box on the street, as there are not enough port at the moment.

On Thursday 4th March the BT agent told me that Openreach would be doing the work on Friday 5th March.

On Saturday 6th March they called me back saying that the appointment has been postponed to March 9th.

In the meantime, my wife is pregnant and does not have a telephone line to call the hospital in case of an emergency if alone at home, and we both are working from home. This delay is causing us a really big issue.

Unsure what to do now as we really need internet.

I did the check suggested in other posts, but I don't know how to read it.

VisGa_0-1615200598260.png

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: No free ports into the green cabinet. What to do next?

please remove your address from checker results

although address is not accurate the dslchecker shows that vdsl connection are available so don't understand why no free ports in cabinet

if nothing happens tomorrow 9th then post back and see if mods can find out the problem causing the delay

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thanks, this is helpful.
I will follow your advise and will post back tomorrow if nothing happen.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I assume you have NDT because your neighbour has essentially pinched your D-Side, thats the physical pair of wires between the PCP and DP.

When you say there’s no available ports in the PCP are you talking about DSLAM Ports for Broadband or that there in no more capacity in the cable between the DP and PCP?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

To be honest I have no idea, sorry!!!

The only think I know is that I was told that a specialized engineer is required to do further works in the green cabinet, because there aren't free ports.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

So you have no working landline at all or you have a working voice service but no Broadband Connection?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I have no working landline at all.

I was called by BT today that said an engineer will come tomorrow to do the job in the green box.

I have lost the hope at this point, but I will see what will happen tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Beats me as to why whoever was responsible simply PINCHES BACK your connection. The neighbour is the one who should be suffering not you and your poor wife.

Pathetic! Absolutely pathetic!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I agree. But they are elderly people, so neither my wife nor I wanted to argue with them out of respect.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi,
I got a call from BT today right after lunch and the operator told me that after a couple of hours I would get a call from an Openreach engineer.
So far I have not received any calls and nothing has changed compared to yesterday.
0 Ratings