cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Not getting anywhere with digital voice setup

Go to solution

Hello, I am having to post on here because I am failing to get my digital voice activated. It should have been activated on the 15th December. I currently don't have access to a mobile phone and have recently moved house hence waiting for the landline to be activated. I have tried the online technical help chat on 2 occasions only to keep being fobbed off with call the 0800 number. I have explained that I don't have access to a phone and am still waiting for them to connect me. Then I was told to email BT help which I have done as well. All I need is for them to connect the digital voice? I need access to the phone as I work from home and also rely on a landline to speak with family etc. Can someone please advise why this is such a headache? Thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Not getting anywhere with digital voice setup

Go to solution

@LadyT 

If your broadband is working, and you have a BT Smart Hub 2, then you can plug your existing phone, if you have one, into the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, you do not need to wait for the BT Digital phones.

Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hello thanks for your reply, unfortunately it does not work when we have plugged the phone into the back of the hub. It has not been connected I keep being told by BT. The online account says the same. I had the internet connected on the 15th December and was told the phone would be the same day but nothing has been done whenever i try to contact someone. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

@LadyT wrote:

Hello thanks for your reply, unfortunately it does not work when we have plugged the phone into the back of the hub. It has not been connected I keep being told by BT. The online account says the same. I had the internet connected on the 15th December and was told the phone would be the same day but nothing has been done whenever i try to contact someone. 

It may need to be configured on the home hub, another forum member may be able to help with this.

@imjolly ?

Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Can you go to hub manager -  enter 192.168. 1.254 into your browser address bar and after entering password is your phone number shown and if so is it blue or greyed out

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply, it is greyed out saying not configured for the phone. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @LadyT I'm really sorry to see you're not able to use your phone at the moment as I appreciate the inconvenience this is causing you.

If it's greyed out it very likely means the order to activate your digital voice service has not been completed. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Thank you I have replied to your message
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

I unfortunately have still not have my phone connected it has been over 3 weeks now without a phone! I have an open complaint still on my account that has not even been looked at even though it states someone would look at this today?

I am getting very fed up now of all this, it is the worst customer service I have ever put up with. I am seriously considering going with another provider as this is just crazy

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @LadyT, thanks for the update, and sorry that this has not been resolved for you yet. I can see that @DanielS has checked on this previously and it was already with the FTTP team. I've dropped him an email and asked him to see if he can urge this for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings