cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Number porting order rejected

Hoping someone will be able to help please.....

I been having a nightmare trying to get my landline number ported back - which I’ve had for the last 31 years.

After recently switching to Vodafone I was given a temporary landline number and was told that my old number would be ported over after a few days but this hasn’t happened and the reason given is that BT own the number and have refused to release this to Vodafone.

I'm not sure this is relevant but  a few days before the switch there was a problem on the landline - I could not receive incoming calls for some reason. I had a Bright Spark engineer round to my house but he couldn't find any fault. He said that this issue may have occurred because of the planned switch over to a new provider? He logged the issue but I don't think anything was followed up to sort out the incoming call fault. When I dial the old number I get a message 'This number is not currently receiving incoming calls'

On the day of the switch over - a BT Openreach engineer came round to my house and switched over to the temporary landline number at the Cabinet down the road.

Note - When I moved into my current house 31 years ago I was with BT - So I'm presuming that the old number is owned by BT.

I have tried numerous times on the phone to Vodafone and they have placed an order 3 times to request porting of the old number and each time the request has been rejected. Now I'm at a point where the only option is to try and find out from BT why the porting order has been rejected. Is it because my old landline number has been reallocated or some other reason?

Although I'm not a BT customer - I believe I was using a BT landline number for the last 31 years which I would dearly love to have back. I would really appreciated any help or advice in trying to get this resolved

Many thanks

Tom

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Number porting order rejected

@Tomleaveslet 

As you are not a current BT Retail customer, this forum cannot help. You need to post on the Vodaphone user forum. This forum is for BT Retail customers.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/

There is no such thing as a BT Landline. Lines are rented out by Openreach. Each provider has their own number ranges, and its not always possible to port numbers over.

Its Vodaphone who need to sort this out if they promised that you could keep your number, when you moved your services to them.

Your original number will now be a "stopped" line, and will not be allocated to anyone else. The only way you could probably get your number back, would be to move your phone service back to BT Retail, assuming you are living at the same address.

0 Ratings