cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

On my third smart hub router in 9 months

I have been a virgin customer for 15 years and never had a problem. I have moved house and not only got a fraction of the speed but routers that just drop WiFi out for days at a time. After a 4th call to bt this time I get a new router. My dad is on his second one in a year for the same reason. Are these refurbished junk because they are appauling WiFi reliability wise. Hard wired no problems whatsoever but with two mobile phones, tablet and a fire stick it isn't ideal. I'll chuck bt in completely next time it goes and go to a cheaper isp and see if I can purchase something more reliable.
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: On my third smart hub router in 9 months

have you tried splitting the 2.4/5ghz networks to see if that helps your wifi as many devices don't like them combined

have you turned of smart setup

have you tried selecting the wireless cahhnels manually rather leave on auto?

have you tried chaanging the wireless mode from 1 to either 2 or 3 to see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings